Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have adjusted my front derailleur as the drive chain was slightly coming into contact with the cage, and been trying to tweak it using the High' Low' limit screws to create a 2-3mm gap from chain and outer side of cage in High and same from chain and inner side of cage in Low.
When turning the H & L limit screws should I be able to see the cage move in and out to and from the cage? as I don't see any movement of the cage on either the High or Low cog although it does move using the barrel adjuster.
Thanx James

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
The H and L limit screws are for keeping the chain from coming off the largest and smallest chain ring. The barrel adjuster I think of it as the setting that deals with the indexing, the distance between chainrings or gears. If its rattling all the time, and doesn't come off the chain rings, Id guess either a barrel adjustment, but make sure you do not have a bent derailleur.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes be very careful with the H L screws. Make sure that they are set so that your chain doesn't unship. Try to get them back to where they where and use the barrel adjuster to fine tune your derailleur .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts