Two Spoke Forums banner

Advice On New Bike For Taller Rider?

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  omnivox42 
#1 ·
Im 6 ft 6, and 240, I cant ride many of the bikes out today, and not alot of manufacturer's make them in 63/64/65cm, any recommendations?

#2 ·
Welcome! I have a friend that is 6' 7" and he was able to find something. Time in the shops is your best bet for sure!

I have ridden with a few that got customs, long head tubes. Good luck keep us posted!

#3 ·
I'm 6'6" and I used to just get the biggest bike I could find. I was going to buy a Specialized Secteur 64cm. When actually fitted in the bike shop the manager said a 61cm would be better. She said she fitted some NBA players who were 6'10" and 6'11" who needed 64 and 65cm bikes. Find a good shop and get fitted, you may be surprised.

#4 ·
Check REI if you have one available - they make a number of Novara bikes in XL frame sizes - I'm not that tall, but they claim the XL frames are good for riders up to 6'6". I don't know the sizes in cm, sorry.
Do you know what type of bike you're after?

#7 ·
If you were tall and skinny I'd say just buy the largest version of whatever bike you'd like. But since you're not a slight person I'd recommend going custom. You can get fitted dimensionally, but even more beneficial to you (probably) is that the tubing will also be chosen specifically for you so you can get the ride feel dialed in just the way you'd like it too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.