Two Spoke Forums banner

Advice on new road bike helmet

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  stdu007 
#1 ·
So for the next season i will need a new helmet ... what are you wear ... any suggestion ....

on my side i found orbea rune but no where to find it :mad:

#2 ·
I wear a cheap Bell. When standing at the wall of helmets at the LBS I asked the guy, "What's the difference?". And surprisingly enough he said, "None. The $30 one down here does the exact same thing the $200 up there does. They're all rated to the same safety standard.". So I say, go cheap.

#5 ·
I would suggest a mid price Bell or Trek. They will do as much to protect your head as a $150/$200 helmet unless you want the sleek in style look or need super air flow with less weight. I currently wear a Specialized Propero that cost about $125. I won't spend that much again.
Just my 2 cents worth....

#9 ·
where is the best place to buy one ... online store .... i'm from Quebec and not a lot of store with this kind of helmet ...
I think you will get the best price if you buy on line. Some things to check before ordering.

Size, (some helmets fit round heads, some are designed for oblong shaped heads) go to a local bike shop and try some on first.

Check the sellers return policy in case the one you rec. doesn't work for you.

I would order one with a removable visor, most Rodie's don't wear a visor but it might be good to have it. Most of them just clip on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.