Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
9ONE6 Rider
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Schwinn S-25 MTB and I want to replace a few things. This is the only website that I can find specs on Amazon.com: Men's Schwinn Dual Suspension Bike - 26" (S-25): Sports & Outdoors

These are the parts I want to replace.

Stem, Handel Bar, Handle Bar Grips, Seat post, Seat and Peddles.

What sizes do I need to look for when replacing these parts? I will be looking on eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices and also at a few of my local bike shops in Sacramento and also on craigslist: san antonio classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Why are you replacing the current ones?

The stem will need to be replaced with the same size, most likely 1-1/8". As far as rise and length, that is personal preference. Clamp size will depend on what bars you go with. Your bar clamp area will need to match your stem. Grips are all the same, unless you twist shifters. The seatpost will need to be replaced with one of the same diameter. Length is less critical, but it cannot be too short, and should be cut down if it's too long. Unless you get an I-beam saddle, they are all the same. Pedals are nearly universal for everything other than children's bikes/one piece cranks.

·
9ONE6 Rider
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason being is they are banged up and I want to go with a better brand then the OEM ones that came on my bike. The frame and is about the only thing that is in great shape. I am basically doing an overhaul on a Dual Suspension Mountain Bike Frame slowly. I would not mind knocking out the cheap stuff first while saving money for better rims and ECT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts