Afraid of change--Accelerade and Endurox

Discussion in 'Training / Health' started by Xela, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

As the title says, when I find something I like, I pretty much stick with it. But because of that, I also start to think, "Is there something out there that is better that I'm totally missing out on?"

I really like Accelerade for in-ride hydration/refueling and Endurox for recovery. Have any of you used these products in the past, but since tried something that you like better? If so, what is it, and why do you like it better?

Sometimes, change is good. Right?

2. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

Change CAN be expensive when you find you don't like or can't tolerate what you are trying. I have been using Camel Back Elixer and Super Whey Protein for recovery. Also when it gets real hot and humid I add some Endurolytes before and during a ride if it's a longer one.

Probably not any better, only different.

3. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

I've used Accelerade before and it seems to be pretty good stuff. I rarely ride with anything but water though. I like Endurox and it can be had for considerably less than similar products. Performance carries both so I get an extra 10% back.

Hammer stuff is very good, but expensive. I use Hammer gel occasionally and Endurolytes. I did the SM100 on Heed and it worked well for me, but a lot of people were complaining of stomach problems from it.

I'd say if you like Accelerade & Endurox and they have been working well for you, keep using them. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

4. Xela

Thanks, guys!

Hop, wanna translate that signature for me/us?

5. hophead

It's Irish Gaelic for: My hovercraft is full of eels.

6. Xela

:) Was that Monty Python? My favorite: I fart in your general direction.

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Awesome.

I still don't use recovery drinks. If I can't get there and back on water and coffee I shouldn't be going there.

8. hophead

Yes, indeed.
    Recovery drinks are really only necessary after a hard workout or ride. Actually, they are not necessary at all. Most of the time my recovery drink is a pint of Guinness or IPA.

9. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

My recovery is kombucha and a shower. I really am a smelly man.

10. itself

itself New Member

Yes, good ole ale a great recovery drink! However, more recently I have used Ultima Replenisher. The Wild Raspberry flavor is great, it uses stevia as a sweetner. Whole Foods carries it.

Speaking of ales, found a new one I love...Duvel Belgium white!

Lisa

11. Xela

Thanks, Lisa!

Be sure to check out our Beer thread, too.

http://www.twospoke.com/forum/f29/beer-415/

Also, Vermarc lets you show your love of Duvel. My favorite jersey I own is thier Tripel Karmeliet.

Duvel Short Sleeve Jersey, Full Zipper

12. hippiebikerchick

hippiebikerchick New Member

I personally like FRS and get as much out of it as I do accelerade. FRS tastes better to me when it gets warm while accelerade seems to go chalky and kind of nasty. My favorite recovery drink is an iced cappucinno from my own little espresso blend on my own little machine with almond milk and agave nectar.

just my 0.02 worth.

hippie biker chick

13. Xela

Thanks. The chalkiness is one of my only complaints with the Accelerade. Being mid to upper 90's this week, everything I take with me is definitely gonna get warm.

14. hippiebikerchick

hippiebikerchick New Member

97 with 90% humidity and it's building up to a thunderstorm which won't cool things down but will pop the humidity. Sometimes I hate summer. I freeze my FRS and used to freeze my accelerade but discovered that as it thawed it sort of separated and got curdy feeling like liquid chalky tasting cottage cheese which was nasty so now the only thing I freeze is the FRS. Sometimes it lasts the whole first hour of the ride before it gets tea warm.

hbc