Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
week of doing nothing, I find I have a REAL bad case of idontgiveashititis...I so do not want to go back to work. Only 1 full week and then of to N.C. for a extended weekend over the 4th holiday. Gonna go see the Forest City Owls play Team Japan

Usually I'm more than ready to get back to work but not so much this week.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I'm the only management person at my job that is still hourly. This means I make more than quite a few others, due to the overtime I've been putting in. Last week, I had 40 hours behind me when I came in Friday for another ten, and this week will probably be the same. So I don't mind at all. June is casual month, so it's either jeans and t-shirt when I ride my Harley, or shorts if I drive.

And I love my job.

·
717 Posts
Feel the same way but for different reason. Only working 4 days this week, taking off Friday to start Bike Virginia. Then it's 5 days of cycling through the Mountains....ahhhh can't wait.

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm the only management person at my job that is still hourly. This means I make more than quite a few others, due to the overtime I've been putting in. Last week, I had 40 hours behind me when I came in Friday for another ten, and this week will probably be the same. So I don't mind at all. June is casual month, so it's either jeans and t-shirt when I ride my Harley, or shorts if I drive.

And I love my job.
In my job, between being on call and other misc crap it's not uncommon to work 50-60 hours every week...I'm over it and pawn my on call as often as I can anymore. I've got it down to a straight 40 now( all the youngins eat it all up now and they can have it) short of covering outages or whatever may come up late in the day.

I like my job but would trade it in a minute if I could find one that pays as well and was inside. Getting to old to be climbing in and out of a bucket all day and being in the elements all day everyday...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts