Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I am 67 and know there are some cyclest older than me. I would like to know how old you are and still ride . Last year I rode over 4,000 miles and this year I have over 3,700 miles on so far.

·
Registered
88 Posts
65 and I ride about 2000 miles a year. Due to problems with cold weather I don't ride outside in the winter so much of that milage is on the stationary bike.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Nope Sorry only 58, rode 3600 this year, but like Possumpoint above I don't ride in the winter either but will ride a indoor trainer thogh it's extremily boring. And like Senecacyclist, time is a huge factor which prevents me from riding more, but once I retire I will ride a lot more. My immediate plans at retirement is to tour across the US, then will go back into racing after a 30 plus year hiatus; will probably join the Geritol Racing Gang when I get done with touring. The young posters here won't even know what Geritol was.

·
Grenouille
161 Posts
There is a guy in his 80's who rides the Pan Mass Challenge 50 miler each year. Walks with a cane before the ride. Here's a link to their picture page, go to the Sunday / Wellesley Sunday Start pictures, he's easy to find !

Pan-Mass Challenge -

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I tryed to ride 65 miles for my 65th birthday but had a blowout at 62 miles so I stuck my thumb out and got a ride with the first pickup that came by. I was to tired to try to fix it, when I looked the next day I must have had a slow leek and when it got down a pinch flat that took out the side wall. I have not tryed to ride my age since. Last year my longest ride was 42 miles, that is about 4 hours for me and that is long enough for me.

·
curly
110 Posts
I have to be very careful doing the long rides as I'm diabetic. Have to keep checking sugars as I ride and have to bring along enough stuff to raise it back up during the ride or I'm in real big trouble especially if I'm out in the boonies somewhere and there aren't many other riders along. Any physical activity really sends the levels crashing, usually have to carb up before I ride any distance.

·
curly
110 Posts
My birthday is in April, 69 miles next year in April in Wisconsin might be the wrong time to try it. Might have to wait for a little warmer weather for that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just checking my logbooks...........last time I did a century was 10 years ago! My how time flies.! Before that I was doing about 5 a year. Now my long rides are about 50 miles 4 or 5 times a season, avg ride 35 miles. Sucks to get old ay? Sneaks up on you.:eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts