Two Spoke Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
This are some crazy fast results Q! Top 100 riders with avg mph of 21 or higher over 55 miles. Wow! Maybe someday?!

Sent from my iPhone using Bike Forum

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Not me! Never! Despite recent injury, I'm about as fast as I ever was, and I never was very fast. :eek: And I never go as fast as I do in this event. This year about 4 minutes off my time last year for six laps. I think it's funny that J and I finished so close in elapsed time. Like two spokes in the same wheel! Oddly I only saw him for a short while when his train passed me and I hung on the back of it for a mile or two. He was hard to spot because he and hundreds of others were wearing the event jersey.

·
Two skinny J's
21,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yup, Rod kinda surprised me, never honestly thought we would see him with so many others out there :) I actually had an Air Force Jersey on. Guess it looks close to the event jersey tho.

Lol, that's just because I was "trying" to hold onto the wheel of the guys I was with. I had nothing left in tank either mentally or physically on the last lap. Got a twinge of a cramp in my right quad and slowed to make sure it didn't out off hand.

I managed to drop any form of nourishment i had and even the GU Andy handed me I missed my jersey pocket and that hit the deck too!

We had plans for a big pasta dinner and that did not materialize as we walked around Crystal City and ended up in Cold Stone Creamery and nobody felt like the had room for a full dinner afterwards ....bad decision :)

After I dropped all the chews and GUs and got the twinge of a cramp I let my mind take over and screwed myself on the last lap. I did have to laugh when I looked at Andy's and saw a 10 mph avg on lap 2. It doesn't sound nearly impressive to say it here but on the second lap I manged to be 70th fastest :) Even that I wouldn't count on because of other timing event errors I have seen.

I was with a strong group of 5 if I include myself. Tony, Charlie, Dave and Andy- all MUCH stronger riders than me! I think Tony pulled us 80% of the time and hardly broke a sweat :)I only managed one good strong pull on lap three and it seemed an eternity and then pulled another group fora bit when I fell off of thrive wheel on the last lap.

I'm happy with the ride And the splits my Garmin shows for moving time:)

·
Two skinny J's
21,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Dang it.. Oh well Garmin lap splits which are different than actual event timing
Communication Device Telephony Mobile device Portable communications device Mobile phone

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
4 minutes off my time for 6 laps last year. My friend mentioned Saturday that he did six in 2:45 and we crossed start/finish together. I started a little further back this year and it felt like I found less draft. Did I pass you on the last lap? Because our elapsed times are so close we had to pass each other more than once.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts