Alberto Contador

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Sean, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Sean

Sean New Member

do you think he will win it?

He absolutely rode away from the crowd yesterday!! Seemingly without effort.

I think Andy Shleck has a chance, but that is the only one with 3 more heavy alpine stages.

Brunyeel (sp?) said Contador is the best climber he has ever seen, I hope Lance and Kloden will ride for him.

Thoughts?

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Carmichael had a great post today saying he's proud of LA, but that he is basically now riding to defend second, not win it. He made it sound that he can't imagine LA not working for Contador. I see no shame in Lance finishing second to Contador, especially with less than a year of dedicated training since making his comeback announcement.

I think Astana is in a strong position to sweep the podium as well.

As far as Lance challenging Contador, not this year. But hopefully next! :)

Carmichael Training Systems: Bicycling.com Stage

3. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

As long as Contador doesn't get too carried away and blow himself up, I think he'll do it. He looked amazing on Verbier. I'm looking forward to see what happens in the Alps. It should be interesting.

4. Sean

Sean New Member

How about those Schleck brothers today. I have to wonder what they could do with a team like Astana to carry them in the flat stages.

Contador is still king though, I don't think they really phazed him until the end of the last climb. I am really looking forward to Ventoux.

5. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Contador is looking strong 3 stages left and a pretty healthy lead. Much better than the 5, 6, and, 8 seconds from a few stages back.

Other news, Lance has already put out that he is going to be riding for team Radioshack next year and Bruyneel has said he will work with him on the new team.

6. Sean

Sean New Member

I wonder who else they'll get. maybe: Hincapie, Levi, Popovych, Hmm, maybe even a couple of Garmin riders?