Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
A Red Headed Stepchild
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years I have bought and loved many components, bought and hated just as many but no component has ever maintained my loyalty as these babies:

Grafton brake levers, boy how I love the damn things.

What is your favorite component?

Although in hindsight I have purchased (and still do) many more Flite Ti rail saddles than anything else.

·
A Red Headed Stepchild
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, I forgot this piece of mechanical beauty:
One of the finest forks ever made.

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts

Planet Bike Superflash!

edit: i just noticed this is in the mountain forum; I guess my favorite mountain component would be my Shimano XT rear derailleur. It takes a lickin' and keeps on clickin'.

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
Over the years I have bought and loved many components, bought and hated just as many but no component has ever maintained my loyalty as these babies:

Grafton brake levers, boy how I love the damn things.

What is your favorite component?

Although in hindsight I have purchased (and still do) many more Flite Ti rail saddles than anything else.
Is that a PAUL? At one point I lusted for a PAUL rear derailleur but never ended up with one.

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
Ooooops, sorry, just realized this was a MTB forum. Should have known.... I'll just take my Campy stuff and mosey on back to the road forum. Via Con Dios Amigos!

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Ooooops, sorry, just realized this was a MTB forum. Should have known.... I'll just take my Campy stuff and mosey on back to the road forum. Via Con Dios Amigos!
Get out!

Actually, I don't see why you can't post in here. I don't think it stated that you had to post your favorite MTB component, did it?

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
"east is east and west is west and never the twain shall meet"
Rudyard Kipling

·
A Red Headed Stepchild
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is that a PAUL? At one point I lusted for a PAUL rear derailleur but never ended up with one.
Actually it is from Grafton Engineering and still in use after all these years. I had a Paul derailleur for a brief time and broke the thing twice in a month. It was the only derailleur I have ever broken.

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
Yeah I read that it was a Grafton after I posted. I must be dyslexic or something.

I always thought The PAUL rear was cool because 1) you could take it apart 2) anodized colors!
In the 90s everything had to be CNC machined to be cool, later they found out that all those sharp corners and edges caused load concentrations. Lots of cool looking cranks broke under load (ouch!). Now CNC machining is making a comeback in road brake calipers... hope the same thing doesn't happen there!

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
It's a toss-up, 3 ways:

Avid BB7, 185mm;
SRAM X.9 trigger shifters;
SRAM X.9 rear derailleur

Can't point to one of the three and say it's enhanced my riding experience more than the others.

Coming in VERY close behind:

05 Jamis Dakar XLT frame

·
A Red Headed Stepchild
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I always thought The PAUL rear was cool because 1) you could take it apart 2) anodized colors!
I always thought that the White linear pull derailleur was a great idea, so good in fact that I actually bought one. It worked great with the exception of having to stop and adjust it about every three hours on a trail ride. All of which got a bit tedious when you were out in the woods for 6 hours or so.

Still it was gorgeous and with some additional development might have changed mountain biking.

·
pedal pusher
121 Posts
my chris king iso rear hub.... orrr my saint shadow short cage.....

·
pedal pusher
121 Posts
got a new one, my stainless 20t chris king singlespeed cog, it's just well, beautiful, so beautiful i'm goign to buy it some siblings, a 19 and an 18t :)

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
It's hard to pick a single favorite, but here are a few:
-White ENO freewheel
-White ENO crankset
-RaceFace forged square taper Turbine crankset
-King headsets
-King hubs
-King ss cogs
-Thomson Elite seatpost & stems
-DT Swiss double butted ss spokes (or Wheelsmith)
-Surly ss tensioner w/dual bottle opener
-Surly ss chainrings
-On-One Mary Bars
-Avid Black Ops Ultimate V brakes
-Avid BB7's
-Avid Juicy 7's
-Light in Motion Li Ion Arc HID

1 - 20 of 21 Posts