Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fault, riding through a subdivision with short steep hills. First hill is one block long and so far I've had to take it in low-low. Panting very hard when I get to the top take a right turn and go around in a close cul-de-sac. Then hit another shorter hill but ever bit as steep or steeper. I messed up on down shifting and with the pedals free spinning, lost control for a moment. Boy was I mad. Try not to have that happen again. For the first time had some very nasty thoughts about the shifters on my bike. It is a Schwinn Trailway and the more I use it the less I like the shifters.

·
242 Posts
Well you didn't and that's good. I fell last summer. It was one of those slow motion no way to stop falls at a light fell right over and landed in front of a car. The sadest part was I was stopped. Feet on the ground not moving. Plus I was 100 lbs heavier than I am now so this over weight middle aged woman falling off a bike in Cambridge I'm sure gave several people a good giggle and something to talk about for 5 min or so.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts