Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ALWAYS IN A RUSH
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi am getting another bike for my wife,but i alreay bought her a mtb,she doesent like it 1 bit she claims the seat is hard the handle bars are too far the whole structure is bothering her,sometimes i think she wants 1 of those kid bikes from long ago with the big curve handle bars and the bannana seat:confused:,so i will have to pass it down to the kids.but she wants a smooth comfort bike for the streets,anyone know any good choices out there.shes 5/7 180lbs...............thanx

·
Ridin Dirty
160 Posts
Well the seat is an easy fix.

The handlebars, well maybe a shorter stem would help.

Another thought though, most decent shops offer a trade ins on new bikes. They even do it here in South Korea.

·
Cycling for life
211 Posts
I would suggest you get her to the LBS to test ride and get advise from them.
They will get the seat hight close, etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For comfort and cruisers I am a huge fan of Electras.

Are you sure you can't have it adjusted a bit for her and maybe a better saddle or a pad on it?

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Yeah, I definitely agree with seeing if the bike she has can be set-up for her. Sounds like it just needs a proper fitting, unless the shop sold you too big of a frame in the first place, then I'd talk to them about giving you a refund or credit towards a new bike.

My wife decided she wanted to try a friend of mine's bike out that was being stored in our garage. She's 5'5" and he's 6'1". Now she thinks that she's scared of bikes in general, and I can't convince her it's because she was trying to ride a bike way too big for her. Oh, well, now she goes and spends 2 hours or so a day in spin classes, while I'm out enjoying the roads.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You may want to take a look at a Recumbent Trike. There is no balance problems, seat is comfy, easy to handle. Down side is weight, mine is 65 pounds and 78 inches long. Have over 3000 miles on mine and the wife has close to 3000 miles on hers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts