Am I to Old?

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by funetical, Oct 9, 2009.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I'm almost thirty. I was cruising down the street the other day and bunny hopped. I hadn't tried it since I was a kid. People started laughing. I started doing it more as I was cruising. It was residential and all these peple are my neighbors. The question is do any of you do tricks on your bikes and then have people laugh at you? It could have been my flab bouncing but that seems more gross than funny.

2. Biker

Biker New Member

NO. I do it all the time. Your never to old to have fun.

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

No one says anything when I take out my BMX race bike and play around. I turn 40 on Sunday, and didn't start racing in the Masters (in Australia) until I was 35. There was a guy about 50 that kicked my ass.

You're not too old.

4. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Happy Birthday in advance. I'm just using it for trick riding. Nobody laughs if I'm on it, only when I pop a wheelie. I was thinking about grinding a rail, but the wife said no. Something about how I'm still hurting and if I fall and brake something we'll be homeless.

5. Brian P

Brian P New Member

im 37

i race, ride the skatepark, ride around town all on a 20 incher.... sometimes ill hop on a 24 inch cruiser

do people laugh? maybe.... do i care? no

im having fun for myself

6. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

It's just funny. I don't care. I care a little. More than I want to. I was just wondering if it was me or not. It sounds like a definitive maybe.

7. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

I turn 57 a week from Sunday,

If I COULD do tricks on my bike, I certainly would, but never learned and don't heal well enough now to start. I don't care what people think, too old for that, but NEVER too old to act like a kid and clown around

Last year for bday, wife bought me a tshirt that read:

Growing old is mandatory,
    Growing up is optional, (I took this option):)

my best friend bought me the same shirt for the same bday, guess both ladies know me pretty well.

NEVER grow up, life is too short....

DrB

8. budda

budda Guest

You can never be too old for a BMX, just too big / small for it

9. Skidmark

Skidmark Cycling for life

Hack, you went to Austraila? Wow..... That rocks.

I believe in fun at any age. After all I make a living fishing. LOL

Im 56, been looking at a few BMX's on craigslist to mess with. My bride insists I should not because I would "break my ass" and not be able to work. Not sure how that matters as I am sore all the time anyway!

Still checking and looking at garage sales though.

10. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

That's were it's at man. I wake up early on the weekends just to rummage through other people's stuff.

11. Industry_Hack

I spent a month and a half on holiday in New Zealand and Australia, then moved to Australia for three years. While I think that everyone should get to visit Australia at some point, New Zealand is actually a nicer country.

And they both take their cycling very seriously. The oldest guy I raced against was 50.

12. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I've heard theirs a lot of animosity between New Zealenders and Austalians. True?

13. Industry_Hack

Meh. Not like the way Aussies hate Americans. Just keep yer hands off their sheep.

14. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Really and it's over sheep? I can see that.

15. Industry_Hack

And footy. And beer. But Aussies are equal opportunity - they'll pick on anyone.

For the most part, I found Kiwis to be impossibly polite and friendly. Aussies were too, in the tourist areas. Less so in non-tourist places.

16. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

So Mad Max minus all the social niceties.

17. onefeller

onefeller Guest

What do australians eat usually? Aside from their sheep?

18. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Same things Americans eat only upside down.

19. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Might need to tell everybody what "footy" actually is, it is "Aussie Rules Football", and it is a very cool sport, one of my favorite sports. Missed most of the season this year, because they took it off Setanta, it sucked!!!!!

BTW, who won the Premiership cup this year??? My guess is Geelong.

Spent 3 weeks in Queensland a few years back, be afraid to go back to Australia.... I probably wouldn't come home!!!!!!

"No worries" is a way of life, not just a saying, fell in love with the country and the people, it was easy to do.:love:

I agree, everyone should visit, still wanting to go to New Zealand, maybe in a year of so.....

DrB

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009