Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,348 Posts
Heckling shall commence when race results are posted for all to see !
Seriously, way to cool!!

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I am hoping for, some good heckling after the fact. I am not worried about placing (50 rider max field) since it will be my first experience, I just do not want to be DFL. I think a respectable finish will be good.

I intend to pull a double finger bang even if I am DFL. Even if they golf clap for me in sympathy.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,201 Posts
Go Kneedrachen! Good for you. I hope it's the beginning of a beautiful thing that's just way too much fun all around!

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Best piece of advice I've ever been given: it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission.

Follow wheels, try to stay as close to the top 20 as possible. A hell of a lot safer!!!

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Awesome.
Let us know how it goes.
Maybe a new thread with race results for those that participate in them.

Best of luck to you.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
kneedrachen said:
That's what I am hoping for, some good heckling after the fact. I am not worried about placing (50 rider max field) since it will be my first experience, I just do not want to be DFL. I think a respectable finish will be good.

I intend to pull a double finger bang even if I am DFL. Even if they golf clap for me in sympathy.
Is it point to point or laps?

·
Recreational and Utility Rider :)
243 Posts
I admire anyone who "races" as with 2 odd forms of arthritis, my racing days have been over for a LONG time! LOL, ok, I'll fess up, I was just a "Novice" level NORBA MTB racer in the 1980's but my son and I had a blast doing it! Have FUN and keep the rubber side down! :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
INTEGRATE- It's a modified criterium, circuit but on city streets (closed to traffic) with some nice hills thrown in the mix.

BJ-Awesome picture!

I've been working on my intervals on my commute in this AM, and shaved about 11 minutes off of my travel time. It was easier since I took the road bike in versus my hybrid.

www.tourdefairhaven.com

·
215 Posts
Well Ok; heckle, heckle, heckle, hee, hee, hee, ha, ha, ha!!!!

Seriously, good luck man, if you want to race you have to start out somehow, so jump in and get wet.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So , last night I nearly soiled myself.

I was perusing the innerwebz during a rare quiet moment at the Fortress of Fun and Stuffed Animals when I found the official race flyer from the race promoter/main sponsor.

The rider field? 80! That significantly ups the congestion on the road and. . .

The rider field is sold out!

:eek:

Good news is after some data analysis this weekend, my ascent rate has increased from 603 regularly to 698, power is averaging around 247 watts for any given effort/ride. . . This is an increase from late April (24th to be exact) of 501 for ascent rate and 187 watts for power.

Gave the Synapse some drivetrain love yesterday, this week will be commuting 3 days with Thursday night a big cleaning and going-over. After my ride home Friday, I found a ton of melted tar on my tires. . .

Also had a near miss with a woman running a stop sign and some gravel which let me hang it out like **** Doohan:

Ahh the days of 500cc two stroke screamer/big bang engines. . . RIP 1990s!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
So , last night I nearly soiled myself.

I was perusing the innerwebz during a rare quiet moment at the Fortress of Fun and Stuffed Animals when I found the official race flyer from the race promoter/main sponsor.

The rider field? 80! That significantly ups the congestion on the road and. . .

The rider field is sold out!

:eek:

Good news is after some data analysis this weekend, my ascent rate has increased from 603 regularly to 698, power is averaging around 247 watts for any given effort/ride. . . This is an increase from late April (24th to be exact) of 501 for ascent rate and 187 watts for power.

Gave the Synapse some drivetrain love yesterday, this week will be commuting 3 days with Thursday night a big cleaning and going-over. After my ride home Friday, I found a ton of melted tar on my tires. . .

Also had a near miss with a woman running a stop sign and some gravel which let me hang it out like **** Doohan:

Ahh the days of 500cc two stroke screamer/big bang engines. . . RIP 1990s!
And RIP Marco. Too bad we won't see any of this anymore. I'm really missing the guy this year. He was definitely exciting!

It might be good that you got some practice with that move. You might need it on Sunday. :) Best of luck in the race. I look forward to reading all about it.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yesterday was a bit sucky.

After my flat and the paranoia my rim was damaged beyond repair, I headed out to an awesome LBS (www.bikeshopbelair.com) for some examination of the suspect rim and all is good.

So. . .

After getting up at 0400, riding 12 miles in, mostly uphill along with a flat and then spending a good 43 minutes climbing to the shop, I headed back to my house, mostly uphill.

I'd gone through close to 100oz of water at this point and am keeping a decent pace despite fatigue.

There's a 16 year old kid that rides with us sometimes, a really, really good kid. He caught up to me on a good climb (looking fresh as can be while i'm covered in sweat and grime) says "hi" and then drops me like a turd from a fiber addict's anus. Well, that's about how I felt anyway.

Rude, rude awakening to the delusions about Sunday. . .

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
A turd from I can't even type the rest I'm laughing so hard!!!!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts