Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Found this jewel while looking for ideas for my soon to be 3yo on Amazon. Man kids toys are stupid expensive these days. But it is kind of neat. I've already gotten a 12" strider and a 8" fisher price he tools around on. I try to keep the strider in the shed more and not left out as I've kind of tricked it out with gold riser handlebars, lock on grips, quill stem adapter, a real headset, pneumatic wheels due to the bearings wearing out of the original wheels.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,976 Posts
Rynoman! Good to see you. I love what you've done with the kiddo's strider bike. Those are the kinds of mods I can appreciate. Naturally, I'd appreciate pics even more and imagine I'm not the only one. You know how it is with bikes and related rolling stock around here :D.

That Amazon thing is amazing. Shouldn't be the surprise it was, but it still was. Wow.

It's gotten to where I see a lot of kids on e-bikes when I ride in or adjacent to affluent areas. A recent trip to Jackson, WY was made a bit surreal by the number and age of kids riding e-bikes. Often adult rides built for those with small stature, but I spotted a few converted kid scale e-bikes, too. I suppose a powered strider bike is a reasonable extension of that, at least for someone who sells e-bikes.

I'd prefer to see kids learn to ride a regular bike before getting electrified, but at least they are still on bikes. I can see an argument for getting an e-bike for a kid who was unable to keep up with their e-bike equipped friends. I'm not sure I can come up with such an argument for electrifying a strider bike, though I can think of a few good reasons not to. Good find. Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rynoman! Good to see you. I love what you've done with the kiddo's strider bike. Those are the kinds of mods I can appreciate. Naturally, I'd appreciate pics even more and imagine I'm not the only one. You know how it is with bikes and related rolling stock around here :D.

That Amazon thing is amazing. Shouldn't be the surprise it was, but it still was. Wow.

It's gotten to where I see a lot of kids on e-bikes when I ride in or adjacent to affluent areas. A recent trip to Jackson, WY was made a bit surreal by the number and age of kids riding e-bikes. Often adult rides built for those with small stature, but I spotted a few converted kid scale e-bikes, too. I suppose a powered strider bike is a reasonable extension of that, at least for someone who sells e-bikes.

I'd prefer to see kids learn to ride a regular bike before getting electrified, but at least they are still on bikes. I can see an argument for getting an e-bike for a kid who was unable to keep up with their e-bike equipped friends. I'm not sure I can come up with such an argument for electrifying a strider bike, though I can think of a few good reasons not to. Good find. Thanks for posting.
I'll try to snag a photo of the strider when I can. :)

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,325 Posts
It has a shield, give him a break, lol............oh wait, that's a bell:cool:
pretty hardcore strider tho.....

the electric one in the link needs a bell..........and lights

1 - 10 of 10 Posts