Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanksgiving is the one holiday where the bulk of our family, all 40 or so, get together. For many, this is the only time of the year I will see them. One of my cousins that I haven't seen since last year asked her mother if I had been sick. My aunt was laughing about it when she told me. My cousin came over, hugged my neck and said you've lost so much weight I was afraid you had been sick. Nope... probably the best shape I've been in for about 20 years.

I still have about 5lbs to go to get to my target weight and I have been putting off buying clothes so many of my clothes hang on me a bit. I can see why she thought that.

·
242 Posts
Too cool I am down 40 but not many have seen me. but I was at a store the other day and a lady said oh you've lost a lot of weight recently haven't you. As I have the same droopy clothes happening but I refuse to buy lots of stuff till I lose the rest but a few things have to be able to fit a long the way ;)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too cool I am down 40 but not many have seen me. but I was at a store the other day and a lady said oh you've lost a lot of weight recently haven't you. As I have the same droopy clothes happening but I refuse to buy lots of stuff till I lose the rest but a few things have to be able to fit a long the way ;)
Way to go mom! 40 is great progress. I never considered what a pain the clothing thing was going to be. At least the shirts will stay on, even if they look baggy, but every time I turn around I'm pulling my pants up. I think about the kids wearing baggy pants on purpose... what are they thinking??? Back in the summer I was standing in the checkout line at Target with my arms ful and my pants fell down around my knees. That was my cue to get a smaller size.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Poolie, I hate to differ with your opinion on the "cue" for new pants! That wasn't a cue it was a billboard!! :eek:
It was a little embarrassing :eek:. I had to hobble over to the counter and drop my stuff, pull my pants up and run over to the men's clothing and buy a smaller pair as well as a smaller belt.

At least now, my wife says I have a sexy looking butt.... I think she's teasing me.

·
242 Posts
Too funny mine have not hit the floor but I hope to have a new ones before that happens. I rode yesterday for about 5 miles and wow it was amazing how much easier it was to ride without the extra weight !!!!

·
242 Posts
Well I'm down about 80 lbs now and I've had the hit the floor pants but not in public thank goodness. But I'm thinking new padded shorts before summer will be in order as last years are a bit loose :)

·
242 Posts
Thanks my boy friend keeps taking my clothes that don't fit out of my closet I kinda flip out as its almost empty. I was down over 50 lbs before I could really see a difference .. its going to be a wonderful summer

·
Registered
346 Posts
Strong Work all here!!!!!
I would encourage everyone not to get too hung up on the loss of weight and focus more on size, we all know muscle weighs more than fat and for me it hits home. I have been tall and thin my whole life, 6'3"/190, when I got serious about riding my weight dropped bow 175, and then slowly crept back up to a stable 185, but my pants are still loose. If you worship the scale you might miss the overall health bennies...just my thoughts DrB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts