Annual Physical

Discussion in 'Training / Health' started by funetical, Oct 5, 2009.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I went to the docs some months ago and he told me I had to lose weight. We discussed some options and I decided to go with biking. I go back for my check up today. Lets hope it's looking good. I'm still bruised up so I'm gonna give him hell, I am feeling healthier though. I'll post an update when I'm finished.

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

3. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Where you having blood pressure issues?

4. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Yes and yes. I've had the same doctor for fifteen years. Just got back from it though. Lost ten pounds. Still having the blood pressure issues. I drink a ridiculous amount of coffee but he said that he didn't think that was it. When I told him it's over eight shots of espresso daily he shrugged and said that it shouldn't affect me like he's seeing. He told me I needed to go on High blood pressure meds again, but I blew him off. I hate that stuff.

5. Industry_Hack

Blood pressure can affect off-the-bike performance. You don't want that.

6. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

What's that? I do everything on my bike now. Everything. Also he saw my bruises then laughed. I threatened to take him to court he laughed. I wonder if malpractice insurance would cover this?

7. Industry_Hack

8. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Where? Did it go over my head? I'm thinking not maybe everything includes EVERYTHING.

9. Industry_Hack

Um, I don't think you're doing that on your bike. If you are, then ignore your doctor, you're as fit and limber as can be.

10. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Nope he said get in shape, you chose biking. Even if he had told you to ride a bike to get in shape. He will go in front of the judge and tell him. "Yes your honor, I told him to ride a bike to get into shape. No your honor, I never told him he could take off the training wheels.":D

11. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Ha!

I'm thinking you don't want to mess around with blood pressure.

12. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I have a hammock saddle. Just kidding it takes more to do it in a hammock than on a bike.

13. Biker

Biker New Member

That there is genius. Hammock Saddle.