Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
I just love true craftsmanship of almost any kind. It’s a dying art.
It truly is! Unfortunately, great craftsmanship is out of reach for most people today.

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas

·
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It truly is! Unfortunately, great craftsmanship is out of reach for most people today.
For purchases where I treat myself, beyond just mere utility, I focus on the amortized cost. I spent 165 for custom leather bar tape from Busyman, but I’ve had it for four years and it holds up. I’d otherwise be replacing bar tape annually for about 20 bucks, so my breakeven for leather is 8 years.

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
For purchases where I treat myself, beyond just mere utility, I focus on the amortized cost. I spent 165 for custom leather bar tape from Busyman, but I’ve had it for four years and it holds up. I’d otherwise be replacing bar tape annually for about 20 bucks, so my breakeven for leather is 8 years.
I agree! And I too don't mind spending the money on something that's going to outlast other products by leaps and bounds. However, not everyone has the money to do so. I wish the Colnago C64 wasn't so aggressive for my build or I would have one of those instead of their CRS model.

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas

·
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Speaking of spending money, I’m reminded of making sure to get an Ass Saver receipt if your significant other gets mental on some purchases. Just have the vendor throw a $300 receipt in the box for, I don’t know, a Colnago C40 frameset or something.

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
^ Hey, a Colnago’s a Colnago. Have you ever posted pics of it?
Well, I had some photos of the two Colnagos in my photos but they were apparently lost with the new edition of this website. Thought I had posted them in the Road Bikes section but couldn't find them there, either. I need some better photos of the CRS.
Our Bikes 03.jpg

The 2012 Ace

2017 CRS

Our Bikes 08.jpg

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
I wish they would fix this double posting of photos along with some other stuff they screwed up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts