Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out about this site from the Jeep forum. Have a 2008 Wrangler, 4 door.

Used to ride quite a bit, but then the kids got older and I found other interests. I still have my Ice Blue Trek model 412 purchased new in 6/1980 (that's not a typo). It's been in an attached garage, is rust free as far as I know. Haven't rode it in many years.

Since turning 60, I decided sitting upright was a better way to go. So the wife and I bought a couple of Raleigh hybrid bikes to ride around with and to take camping.

We recently moved into an active adult community in Monroe NJ, and space is limited. I don't need 2 bikes so the Trek has to go. Does anyone have an idea as to what it might be worth? I would like to see it go to a good home:).

Once the boxes are unpacked and the house organized I would like to start riding again.

Thanks

John

·
SMILEY CAR
191 Posts
Welcome from yet another Jeeper! That Trek sounds like it might be worth a decent amount since it's in good condition for being in a garage.

How much did you pay for it new?

·
pedal pusher
121 Posts
love all the NJ jeepers on this site!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tarukai;

Wish I could remember what I paid for it. I did find the original owners manual and a general info booklet about Trek and the frame specs.

I wrote in the owners guide that I bought it on 6/20/80, the model number and serial number, but not the price:(

John

·
SMILEY CAR
191 Posts
Ah. I'd say if it's good you could probably get around $150-300, pending overall parts and frame condition, what it's got on it, etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome to the forum John. I am not a Jeeper, but am a fellow Jersey guy also from central NJ, but more toward Raritan Bay and also over sixty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rayswrld;

We just moved from Fords (Woodbridge Twp.) to Monroe in an active adult community. So far so good:) no more grass cutting and snow shoveling!!!!

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts