Another jeeper and from NJ

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jobrien, Jul 28, 2009.

1. jobrien

jobrien New Member

Found out about this site from the Jeep forum. Have a 2008 Wrangler, 4 door.

Used to ride quite a bit, but then the kids got older and I found other interests. I still have my Ice Blue Trek model 412 purchased new in 6/1980 (that's not a typo). It's been in an attached garage, is rust free as far as I know. Haven't rode it in many years.

Since turning 60, I decided sitting upright was a better way to go. So the wife and I bought a couple of Raleigh hybrid bikes to ride around with and to take camping.

We recently moved into an active adult community in Monroe NJ, and space is limited. I don't need 2 bikes so the Trek has to go. Does anyone have an idea as to what it might be worth? I would like to see it go to a good home:).

Once the boxes are unpacked and the house organized I would like to start riding again.

Thanks

John

2. FrostByte

FrostByte New Member

Welcome fellow Jeeper and glad to see that you are bringing the ol' boke out of retirement.
    FB

3. Tarukai

Tarukai SMILEY CAR

Welcome from yet another Jeeper! That Trek sounds like it might be worth a decent amount since it's in good condition for being in a garage.

How much did you pay for it new?

4. vassago

vassago pedal pusher

love all the NJ jeepers on this site!

5. jobrien

jobrien New Member

Tarukai;

Wish I could remember what I paid for it. I did find the original owners manual and a general info booklet about Trek and the frame specs.

I wrote in the owners guide that I bought it on 6/20/80, the model number and serial number, but not the price:(

John

6. Tarukai

Tarukai SMILEY CAR

Ah. I'd say if it's good you could probably get around $150-300, pending overall parts and frame condition, what it's got on it, etc.

7. rayswrld

rayswrld New Member

Welcome to the forum John. I am not a Jeeper, but am a fellow Jersey guy also from central NJ, but more toward Raritan Bay and also over sixty.

8. jobrien

jobrien New Member

Rayswrld;

We just moved from Fords (Woodbridge Twp.) to Monroe in an active adult community. So far so good:) no more grass cutting and snow shoveling!!!!

John

9. BanTamStoWay

BanTamStoWay Guest

Another Jeeper! Welcome!