Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone:

I just learned to ride a bike 2 weeks ago at age 59. I had learning to ride on my bucket list and decided to get an '11 Specialized Expedition Elite (Hybrid). I know it takes time but I'm still having trouble finding dead on balance. Looking forward to spending time here!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Welcome Im in my mid 50s and rode an awful lot as a kid, but just got back on a bike seriously a couple of years ago. Ask away when you have questions. No one here will do anything but encourage you, and if they do the mods get on them not you. grin Really a good bunch of folks here and an awful lot of experience floating around. Odd are someone here has already been there and done that, and depending on what it is maybe we all have. Odds are if we all have done it, its coming your way too. The most important thing to remember is to have fun

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Welcome, toro! I'm in my mid-60's and just got back on a bike two months ago after not riding anything since my college days. Like photos said, there are a great group of biking "friends" on the site and everyone has been great. I never felt that my noobie questions were laughed at or poo poo'd by anyone. I've learned a lot in a short time here.

·
173 Posts
Welcome aboard ! This is great crew here! They will answer your questions & not diss
you for asking. I'm 66 and learned to ride again, 50 year ago rode all over the place
on a single speed. First time to ride a multi-speed bike last fall, wish someone with a
camcorder had filed it. Had to be a funny sight, learning to balance again & try to shift,
after first fall stayed on nice soft grass yard till I could balance again!! Then learned
shift one gear at a time!! He!he! I would get discouraged, I would get on this forum
and get re-vitalized & keep going. Enjoy your ride &
ride safely.

·
242 Posts
Hi Everyone:

I just learned to ride a bike 2 weeks ago at age 59. I had learning to ride on my bucket list and decided to get an '11 Specialized Expedition Elite (Hybrid). I know it takes time but I'm still having trouble finding dead on balance. Looking forward to spending time here!
Welcome I've only been riding since May I'm 46 and broken but I keep on keeping on :)

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Congratulations! I'm very impressed with people who learn to ride late in life. It must require courage and a youthful spirit. You won't get old if you keep learning new things. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts