Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone wearing barefoot shoes? Vibrams? Adipures? Perhaps something from the Merrell Glove series? Maybe you're a VivoBarefoot person.

Let us know! Pics too why not!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I love my Minimus (review here), but I'm not stuck on any one brand. If Lizard made my size, that would be my first choice. I'll be telling that to their CEO when I see him again in about two weeks.
+1:thumbsup: for the NB. I love mine, though I'm mostly in sandals these days. I tried the Merrel's also, and they seemed to roll my foot to the outside too much for my liking. My only complaint with the NB, and maybe this is not specific to them, is that they seem to hold odor and get a little funky fairly quick.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
You need some Stuffits. They'll keep your shoes fresh, and they'll last longer.

I also tried the ZEMgear, and wear Dr. Scholl's that don't look like old people shoes, at work. My wife reviewed the Skechers GOwalk recently, and I talked them into sending me a pair as well.

My site is full of information. Just need to convince more people to visit...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Tried the VFF's.
They are really close to barefoot
EXCEPT...
Barefooted I do not have each toe in it's own little holder.
VERY un-natural...very.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Has anyone tried the Skechers?
The shoes Meb wears?
They cause a midfoot strike instead of a fore foot strike like these minimal shoes or a heel strike like regular main stream shoes.

·
Registered
748 Posts
The GOrun? If all goes well, I will be bringing a pair home from ORSM.
I tried a pair on in the store and did a treadmill jog with them.
I am intrigued. They did not feel like the vff's or the Mizuno's or Brooks I normally run in.
They really do cause a mid foot strike.

I taught myself the new(well not new but"re-discovered") method of short strides..Quick foot fall. This causes more of a mid foot strike over normal full stride running. I am up to about 150 strikes/minute, my goal is 160.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I used to workout barefoot but a year and a half ago, I got my first pair of Vibram FiveFinger, the Bikila LS. It took me a week to get used to them, and now I can not train without them. They are actually the most comfortable pair of shoes I have.

I also have the Vibram FiveFinger Speeds (which have a more casual look to them), and a pair of Merrell True Gloves (which are more of an outdoorsy, trekking shoe).

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I usually wear thin socks with mine. They still retain odors much more than my other shoes.
You're not still wearing cotton and synthetics, are you? Try wool. I figured that if my Darn Tough socks didn't stink after six days straight, no further testing was needed.

·
348 Posts
Ah. Got it. I did read your review which is why I want to check them out. I just wasn't smart enough to see the link. My bad.

I think these would be good for street shoes too. Fashion shows the no sock or stocking look so now nice flats smell like linebacker's cleats. Not to mention cowboy boots. Thanks for the review!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts