Two Spoke Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Get those no-show socks, in Merino wool. It's naturally anti-microbial, and is usually blended with some synthetic material that provides a bit of stretch as well as improved wicking. As I mentioned before, I wore the same pair for six days, with no stink. That's at work, motorcycle riding, walking, and cycling. Six days.

Got Merells..Great workout shoe but not sold on the running..Developed plantar fasciitis after about 2 weeks of running and podiatrist said not a good idea to wear..Could have been coincidence or one of a hundred other things "I" do wrong..Just be cool..

Barefoot shoes are totally foot flexibility dependent. I was able to wear mine 2-3 times / week just to walk in and developed plantar fascists. If you have pronation issues they are not good. They are a fad I believe that will be great for young healthy people and keep lots of doctors busy treating knee & foot issues that arise from their use.

Got Merells..Great workout shoe but not sold on the running..Developed plantar fasciitis after about 2 weeks of running and podiatrist said not a good idea to wear..Could have been coincidence or one of a hundred other things "I" do wrong..Just be cool..
Barefoot shoes are totally foot flexibility dependent. I was able to wear mine 2-3 times / week just to walk in and developed plantar fascists. If you have pronation issues they are not good. They are a fad I believe that will be great for young healthy people and keep lots of doctors busy treating knee & foot issues that arise from their use.
Sounds to me like you're both doing it wrong. If you bought some minimalist shoes and thought you could just replace your regular running shoes with them them, you were indeed setting yourselves up for injury. You can't go right to a New Balance Minimus or Lizard Kross.

Every expert that I have spoken with, and every article I have read emphatically pointed out that they need to be introduced into your routine slowly. Your feet need time to adjust to them, especially your arch. I don't recall how many months it took me to transition, but I used to wake up every morning nearly crippled by foot pain. Now I not only have zero pain in my feet, but but less back pain from a car accident four years ago. I currently own at least six kinds of footwear that are either minimalist, or highly flexible, and my feet have never been happier or felt better.

For anyone considering minimalist, I highly recommend following the correct process for going from less forgiving soles to something more flexible, with zero or minimal drop. And before you drop money on cheap Chinese made shoes, check out Lizard. I did get a pair, finally, and not only are they extremely comfortable, but the quality of their Italian construction is much better than other brands I have seen.

Hack, I've got a set of the cheap Fila Skele-toes... I only wear for work outs, would like to start running in them and wearing them more often.. could you share a link on proper transition to barefoot shoes?

Hack, I've got a set of the cheap Fila Skele-toes... I only wear for work outs, would like to start running in them and wearing them more often.. could you share a link on proper transition to barefoot shoes?

Google results.

The big thing is to work on your stride, and add the minimalist shoes into your workouts over time - the common recommendation is not to add more than 10% of your mileage in one week.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.