Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my bike for a month now and want to break in some miles on it and go to the beach and tour around some, not too far I don't yet have a gps bike computer, but it seems hard to find bikers near me in the treasure coast anyone interested?

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,289 Posts
Welcome! I live nowhere near FL, but visit from time to time. You've got some great bike trails out that way, with more being built all the time. I hope you're able to find some riding partners out your way. I know we have members who are located further north in the state, but not sure about the Treasure Coast area.

Though it's not exactly in the Treasure Coast area, one ride I'd love to do which isn't too far from you is the Shark Valley Tram Road in Everglades National Park. The 15mi ride leads to an observation tower which is said to provide amazing views. They even offer a Full Moon Ride, though reservations are required for that.

What kind of riding are you into? Bike pics are always welcome, especially trail or roadside :love:.

·
Two skinny J's
21,436 Posts
Welcome! Had to look and see exactly where the Treasure Coast was. Looks to be plenty of cycling clubs in the area that you could find someone to ride with and may have your same interests in riding.

Maybe check these folks out. Treasure Coast Cycling Association

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! I live nowhere near FL, but visit from time to time. You've got some great bike trails out that way, with more being built all the time. I hope you're able to find some riding partners out your way. I know we have members who are located further north in the state, but not sure about the Treasure Coast area.

Though it's not exactly in the Treasure Coast area, one ride I'd love to do which isn't too far from you is the Shark Valley Tram Road in Everglades National Park. The 15mi ride leads to an observation tower which is said to provide amazing views. They even offer a Full Moon Ride, though reservations are required for that.

What kind of riding are you into? Bike pics are always welcome, especially trail or roadside :love:.

Thank you for replying, I'm actually new to road biking now but I've been mountain biking for a couple of years, it just seems hard to find a cycling friend nearby but I appreciate your suggestions. I'm too cautious to do the trails as well as not knowing where any are for road bikers.🤦🏾‍♀️

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! Had to look and see exactly where the Treasure Coast was. Looks to be plenty of cycling clubs in the area that you could find someone to ride with and may have your same interests in riding.

Maybe check these folks out. Treasure Coast Cycling Association
Thank you I really appreciate your suggestion, I'll take what I can get.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,289 Posts
Thank you for replying, I'm actually new to road biking now but I've been mountain biking for a couple of years, it just seems hard to find a cycling friend nearby but I appreciate your suggestions. I'm too cautious to do the trails as well as not knowing where any are for road bikers.🤦🏾‍♀️
I can't help when it comes to local cycling friends, but for places to ride, you might peruse this link for trails in SE Florida, courtesy of the 100+ Florida Bike Trails website. The reviews seem good about differentiating between trail surfaces and warning about conditions such as lack of shade, resupply points, and the like. I researched and rode the Withlacoochie State Trail a couple of years ago thanks to the site, and found it more or less just as described for the section I rode. Your mileage may vary, of course.

I also had good luck with the Outdoor Florida app - I used the iPhone version, but understand it's also available for Android. It offers information on bicycling and paddling routes statewide. Available through the relevant app store.

Best of luck finding riding buddies and locations!

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Welcome to Two Spoke @Biker_Girl29

I have three suggestions:

1) put your bike on a rack and drive around to different bike shops and nice, low traffic roads or trail heads, gas stations, etc.
I bet a and a 🥤 that bikers will approach to look at your bike and talk about cycling.

2) go for a ride but take occasional breaks at locations you’re likely to see other cyclists.
Again, they’ll come to you to talk about your bike and where you’re riding.

Lastly, 3)
Post some pictures of your new bike on TS. We’d love to see your new joy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts