Any body ever ride a tandem?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Myster, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Myster

Myster Guest

I've never rode one but it seems it would be difficult to get the balance of two people right. Always thought they were funny.

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I had a custom one built, and we thrashed that thing off road pretty well. It just requires teamwork.

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I've aslways wondered about that to. You said you off roaded? That had to be nuts.

4. Industry_Hack

Not so nuts. Custom titanium frame with S&S couplers. Dual crown fork from ATC racing. Lots of titanium bits.

Attached Files:

5. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

No pretty nuts. That thing looks like a blast. Could you take your lady friend on it or did you need a buddy. I find it best when doing anything with skill to leave out the wife. Not to say she doesn't have skills, there just not useful.

6. Industry_Hack

I had that built specifically for my wife and me. We had some gnarly trails in Australia, where you ride along a technical ridge above the ocean. Then we'd bomb down a steep hill at about 60Km/h, and into town for morning coffee.

Good times.

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

What happened? Where are you located? I just have so many questions for you industry hack.

8. Industry_Hack

That was when I lived in Australia, and was married to an Aussie. Now I live in Utah, and am no longer married to an Aussie. I sold the tandem too.

9. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

That's right your in Utah. New Zion. Awesome. Is your soon to be a Mormon? Do you just travel around getting married bicycling all willy nilly.

10. Industry_Hack

She's LDS, but she is still a party girl. And she made me a bewbie cake for my 40th.

11. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Were there nipples? And what does that even mean? LDS partying is like going to a keger and finding out it's rootbeer. Is it good, sure, could it be better, well they do make real beer. I'm sorry that's not an apt analogy because you can't get real beer.

12. Industry_Hack

Um, Dean can delete these if they're totally inappropriate. The cake was anatomically correct, down to the little man in the boat. And I had one beer, from out of state, with actual alcohol content.

Attached Files:

13. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I see pubic hair is in for the Mormons. No lightning bolt? No landing strip?

14. Industry_Hack

15. mikebike

mikebike Florida Cyclist

16. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Nice cake...

I have done a tandem, it's just like riding a regular bike-as I am the stoker I assume it is the same! It is hard going up very steep hills. Kicks your butt just like a solo bike can. My captain is a very muscular guy, so if it is hard for him, you just know it is a killer hill. Those not fun at all.

Have done two double century rides on it, it is great as I can take pictures from the back!

17. Industry_Hack

I caught my (ex) wife talking on the phone once...

18. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Now that's not soooo bad. It's not like she stopped peddaling! Oh-and I was 'supposed' to be taking pictures-was for the charity ride. :D ( I just had to warn him that I was getting out the camera, so he was prepared to deal with my wiggling a bit)

19. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Only once? We talk every day.

20. Cycle

Cycle Guest

I've rode one. It's harder than you think. There's a lot more balance to it.