Any Guitar players?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by itself, Aug 16, 2009.

1. itself

itself New Member

I play classical guitar, and once I have the funds, will get an acoustic as I like both genres. A relaxing hobby after a hard ride, hike, or paddle...

Lisa

2. jsbarks

jsbarks Guest

I play a pretty mean electric or bass on rockband:D

3. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I play. I have a Martin acoustic. I bought a piano about a year ago so I've been pretty fixed on that lately though.

4. Alanis27

Alanis27 Guest

I'm a sucker for an acoustic guitar player :)

5. bantam700

bantam700 New Member

I have a guitar, but it doesn't get played :(

6. itself

itself New Member

What a bummer that your guitar doesn't get played...what model is it?

Lisa

7. J_cub

J_cub Guest

Dang, what a shame. No friends who play?

8. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

I've got myself a martin guitar as well, one of the dark mahogany ones, it sounds so sweet...

9. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I've always wanted to be that guy but like my music teacher said I have stupid fingers.

10. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Hey funetical, i was like that once, but now i'm still like that but i like the "music" i play an to hang with the critics and give it another try...

11. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I play harmonica. I can never shut up so it seems to work out for me. I'm going to though the wife and I have been talking about it if I can stop buying bikes at yard sales.

12. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

I play the harp too, there is some good web sites out there with free music to help you on your way..

13. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I've been looking into them. I started harmonica when I was really young like ten. Guitars are tough unless I can find Left handed lesson. Although having the fret board mirror mine might work well. I don't know when I get some extra cash together its my next big purchase.

14. Biker

Biker New Member

I play. My dad had an old ovation he passed down the line when he got a new one. It's an acoustic Electric with a half shell shape. Beautiful sounding guitar. Harmonicas pretty cool. You guys ever play with anybody or just solo?

15. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Solo, havn't the balls to play in front of people yet...

16. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

It's a trip. A group of friends and I get together form time to time and play.

17. I play a Fender Stratocaster WHILE I RIDE my Schwinn ten-speed bicycle. I've done this tens of thousands of miles since the early 1980s. The official web site of The Bicycling Guitarist has been online since 1997.

For a sample of my playing, check out this solo guitar instrumental cover version of the Beatles song Help!. I recorded this last night (take 10) plugging my guitar directly into the sound card of my notebook and using Audacity recording software.

18. madal

madal New Member

I Lisa, I play the drums myself and find that very relaxing:cool:

19. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

What are you playing Madal?