Two Spoke Forums banner
241 - 246 of 246 Posts

·
425 Posts
I guess I need to quit hanging out on the Clydesdale thread. Since I retired in the spring of 2016 I dropped below 200 lbs. people told me it would go the other way. Even with several times being laid up by injury and surgery my weight didn’t gain. Holding at about 190 now.
Contrats longjohn

·
tall old member
1,498 Posts
Contrats longjohn
With the caregiving for my wife for two years before she died and my leukemia kicking up my weight loss continued until I was down to 150#. I have been trying to gain weight and drinking nutrition supplements in addition to all my meals. I am finally up to 170# and don’t look like a skeleton with skin on it but I would like to gain at least 15 pounds more.

·
Still learning . . .
1,292 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wife and your leukemia. Sometimes (a lot of times) life sucks. I find that with medical appts and various age-related conditions for my wife and myself, a LOT of time and energy goes to the medical world.

Still, in my 83rd year, I swim 4-5 mornings per week, walk, do resistance exercises, stretch a LOT, and bicycle - my rides are slow, fun and gentle, but we have had a lot of cold weather and snow, so I have been riding some on the trainer.

I have gone from 247 many years ago and now try to maintain about 170 or thereabouts. Noticed this week I was up to 172, so need to cur back and exercise a bit more. I was down to 165, but very hard to keep it there.

Best with your program, curing your leukemia, and weight gain!

241 - 246 of 246 Posts