Anybody heard of this bike?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Saugus18, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Saugus18

Saugus18 Specialized Crosstrail

Anybody have any info at all on this? I have yet to find one review on it. But I gotta say, I'm really interested in it. They go for around $12/13 hundred bucks.

I have a hybrid now, (Crosstrail) but wouldn't mind a lighter bike with more speeds someday. I know that suspension usually means more weight, but look how tidy the shocks are on this... and probably don't add a whole bunch of weight. I'm also not that interested in a full on road bike with drop bars ect. This looks to me like it may be a nice compromise between a road bike and a hybrid... any thoughts/opinions? The text is in Chinese unfortunatly but you can see a few photos

Click icons at bottom of page for the different models of the Giant Accend
    Adventure Series. Promotion by GIANT TAIWAN 2009

Another link with specs
    http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/accend/7506/44079/

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  2. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Good looking bike.

3. Saugus18

I agree, but I can't find any reviews at all about the bike, just the same 'ol generic blurb from the manufacturer on all the different websites... guess it's to new for any other info to come out yet. I think I'm gonna start saving though in case it turns out to be good. I sure love what I see so far.

4. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

First I've heard of it, but I agree with you guys, good looking bike.

5. Saugus18

A couple more pics I found, one is just a zoomed in version of a pic I already posted for a better look. I showed these pics to the local owner of the LBS here in town, he never heard of it either, but upon looking at some photos I downloaded on to my phone, he found the bike very interesting as well, his shop almost exclusively carries the Giant brand

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

If you can find a photo of the bars, check the cable routing. Non-US bikes have the brakes reversed from what we're used to. I noticed that when I worked at a shop in Australia.

7. Saugus18

Industry Hack... is this what you mean? I added text and arrows. The back break cable looks like it goes to the back brake like my bike.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  8. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I have a good friend at Giant. Let me see if she can put me in touch with someone that can tell us more about it.

9. Saugus18

Hey that would be great... looking forward to any info you may come up with! :thumbsup:

10. Garilia

Garilia New Member

I spoke to a Giant retailer about this bike months ago and they had never heard of it until I brought it to their attention. Apparently it was released in China or Taiwan and not in the USA, or the release in the USA has been very gradual and limited.

11. Saugus18

12. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Neat bike looks like it has front & back suspension, disc brakes, and realy nice lines.