Anybody riding the back roads in North Carolina?

Discussion in '50+' started by Rje58, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Rje58

Rje58 DayDreamer

My wife and I love to ride the country roads here in NC! We are recreational / fitness riders, so we try to have fun with it. Check out some of the places we ride. If you are anywhere near Orange County, NC and you want to ride some of these routes, let us know!

lectrichead and newleaf150 like this.
  2. Dos_Ruedas

Dos_Ruedas Well-Known Member

I love the old farm buildings. Such a shame our society doesn’t have many family farms anymore.
    It was a good way to raise families.

The roads look nice.
    How many miles a year does your group ride?

newleaf150 likes this.

3. Rje58

Rje58 DayDreamer

My wife and I ride about 2,000 miles a year, usually. We love the old buildings, too. Thanks for the reply!

MilesR likes this.
  4. Dos_Ruedas

Dos_Ruedas Well-Known Member

I rarely ride in NC but often see roads I’d love to ride. Sadly, the only time i have a bike with me is when I’m on the coast.
    I much prefer the NC mountains for riding though.

Does your group meet at a local shop and head out or do you sei rides via phone or social media?

I would think more people would want to ride along.

5. Rje58

Rje58 DayDreamer

We don't really have a group, my wife and I ride just about every day that weather permits. Sometimes we have friends join us, but it's not really a group or club. We're always inviting people to join us on rides - occasionally someone will take us up on it. :)

Dos_Ruedas likes this.
  6. Germanrazor

Germanrazor Member

I am not far from there in Randolph County. I ride weekly.

7. Rje58

Rje58 DayDreamer

I haven't seen a lot of Randolph County, but what I've seen was nice. What are some good riding trails/roads there? Let us know if you are interested in riding here in Orange / Alamance County.

Dos_Ruedas likes this.