Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
tall old member
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just signed up. My wife wants me to do my bicycle adventures with someone. I did GOBA in 2009 and had a great time. I really like heading out on my own for adventures but it freaks my wife out when I leave for a week all by myself. GOBA is a great deal as far as organized rides go, everyone else charges much more for an eight day ride. I found out I can go with 3,000 other riders and still do my own thing so that is a plus. I'd like to get my wife in shape enough to do a week long adventure with me some day but that may not happen. We are not getting any younger.

·
tall old member
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whelp doing GOBA again. It starts tomorrow in Sidney, Ohio.
They are doing it a little different this year, probably they still have concerns about Covid.

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,100 Posts
For those of us not from Ohio, GOBA | The Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure is apparently a week-long cycling event with different rides on different days, plus days off, so riders can take supported rides, ride loaded, camp and ride empty for day trips ..... camping or hotels are available ..... looks like it could be fun except it is likely going to be full of people.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,771 Posts
That looks like a lot of fun! I hope the event goes well. Ohio has got some really pretty country. I'd love to get to see it from the saddle.

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,100 Posts
Dude, you are Way too healthy. You are embarrassing senior citizens everywhere.

Congrats on the riding time.

Did you sleep in one of those floating tents?

·
tall old member
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude, you are Way too healthy. You are embarrassing senior citizens everywhere.

Congrats on the riding time.

Did you sleep in one of those floating tents?
I didn’t rent one of those tents, I brought my purple tent. On the 100° day ride as I was riding back into camp I was over one row too far and came upon a purple tent that had a duffle bag and clothes scattered in front of it. I thought maybe the wind blew my tent away and somebody put it back up again. Then I realized I was in the wrong row. It’s the first time I’ve seen anyone else with a purple tent.
Riding fifty + miles @ 100° can mess with your mind. It was a fun week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts