Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I want to be honest. I'm not a hipster. I don't wear skinny jeans, the laceless, slip-on Chuck Taylors nor am I a fan of things being "real and pure." Despite that, I want a fixed gear bike. I've been looking around and Wabi looks nice but I don't know much about them. Being that I trust the internet with a grain of salt, I figured I'd come to the collective and see what anyone has to say.

That being said, I looked into the Jamis Sputnik and my LBS said the few they've sold have had quite a few problems.

Anyone?

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I have bin thinking about getting a Jamis Sputnik but have heard of no problems with them, what kind of problems did your local bike store say thay had with them ????

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They said there were some quality control issues with them, wheels that would go out of true easily/hard to keep in true/damaged, bearing surface issues that needed refacing and one other thing, I can't really remember what it was though. It convinced me enough to go with a Wabi as I trust my LBS wholeheartedly and they lost a sale by convincing me to not go with a Jamis Sputnik so they obviously stand behind what they say.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
With the Wabi, you've got one guy with years of experience both riding and sourcing components. And it's just him. It's not like you can call up Gary Fisher these days and ask to be put through to Gary. With Wabi, I spoke directly to Richard and he answered all my questions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts