Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Recreational and Utility Rider :)
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there are other rides from Colorado Springs on Two Spoke, SHOUT out if your here! :D

·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My son goes to school there.
UCCS or CC?? The WIND has been insane for 3 days now, hopefully it should mello out soon. Have a most excellent day! :)

·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
St. Patty's Day 50K Bike Ride!

http://www.csstpats.com/bicycling.html The St. Patty's Day 50K Bike Ride is this Saturday, I'm hoping my gimp knee will let me finish, then ride in the parade, then get me HOME:eek: It will be my longest ride since I had a BIG TIME flair up of Psudo-Gout (a arthritic condition that "mimicks" GOUT!), clear back in Dec.!

The knee is still very sore but I've put on almost 600 miles since Jan. and almost 200 for March itself. LOL, I gona be a very tired puppy when I finally get home!:eek:

·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm a springs guy, and i have lots of great routs. Pm me if you want more info...
Howdy and thanks! I don't do a lot of heavy road riding, mostly local streets and paths with some rides out East on Highway 24. With all the mudslides, rocks ect. I've not wanted to try any rides up the pass, which is a bit of a bummer. :( I'm retired and do a lot of "utility" type riding and some recreation riding.

If you've got some good routes, I'd be glad to have them! Have a most excellent day!:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is one of my favorites:
Start at Black Forest rd and Vollmer. Take vollmer N until it hits Hodgen. Turn around and go back.
Great scenery, low traffic, rural, a few hills. Uphill out, downhill back. Its about 18 mi out and back. Good thing is if you are on a time crunch, you can turn around anywhere and its downhill all the way back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help improve cycling in Colorado Springs!

This map is designed to help improve biking and walking in the local Colorado Springs/Pike's Peak area:
www.walkbikeconnect.org

I often enjoy complaining about the bike lanes/paths/routes around here, so it's nice to know that I can now do so in a little more constructive manner .

Please contribute to the map, agree with comments, or comment yourself if you have ideas, and be sure to share with all your biking/walking friends!

From the website...
"One of the most critical pieces of this new plan is to reach out to residents in the region and see what they have to say. We intend to conduct a robust public outreach and participation effort to foster community support. Current users (and future users) of our non-motorized system can help us examine our existing facilities and suggest or comment on future improvements that are needed. Help us in developing a better plan by identifying barriers, or missing connection that are key to ensuring a system that is truly connected."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts