Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this year its name will most certainly likely be fitting. We are at 30 something days now and on track to break the record for most days 100+ in the dfw area. Yesterday I think it made 110.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well this year its name will most certainly likely be fitting. We are at 30 something days now and on track to break the record for most days 100+ in the dfw area. Yesterday I think it made 110.
Today we are at 107*. This makes for an unhappy Britney.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I can't evean think that I would ride in that heat, I cringe at 90* You are some brave soles that ride in that heat.

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
Ha I only just heard of this ride recently yes I would be tottaly the kind of nut to try it I LOVE riding in crazy hot humid weather. I wonder though do you have to be a member of a team to ride or or an individual?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hotter than Hell usually isn't humid, but it is usually very hot. Starts early in the morning and if I recall correctly there is a location you have to make by a certain time or you are pulled off the course. Why? They don't want to treat you for heat stroke.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hotter than Hell usually isn't humid, but it is usually very hot. Starts early in the morning and if I recall correctly there is a location you have to make by a certain time or you are pulled off the course. Why? They don't want to treat you for heat stroke.
And I don't want them treating me for one either! Strokes do some serious damage, I don't think people realize it either. I'd rather have a heart attack.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you don't ride in the heat here...you don't ride. I am going to Hotter n Hell and it will be my first century. I rode the Blazing Saddles 75 (got twisted around at one point and ended up doing 87 miles) Thirty miles into that ride I no longer feared Wichita Falls, the heat nor the wind. If you can do Blazing Saddles which is a Very Challenging course especially if you don't have a granny gear Hotter n Hell is a breeze. Except for a few hills it is said to be basically pancake flat. Just a boatload of people there. But if you are doing the 100 and have lights on your bike they are letting you go at 6:15 this year and Hells Gate is set to close at noon. So plenty of time to get there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts