Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder if anyone is going to be around at any of the stages of the Tour de France??

Just interested in what its like to see the peleton roll by.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,507 Posts
If I go to France to watch racing it won't be on bikes...

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I really had a good feeling about winning RoadID's contest where they send two people to The Tour, but, alas, I did not. So, no, I'm not going.

Nigal, how much of this year's 24 did you catch? I think I caught about 18 hours worth. Those two wrecks were horrifying. It was amazing when they interviewed McNish and he said his only injury was scraping his shin as he climbed out. Apparently, he told a Scottish newspaper yesterday that he was even radioing the crew asking if they could fix it before he got out and saw how bad the damage was. Even more amazing, though, was that none of the photographers/track workers were seriously injured. For those that did not see the wrecks, check them out here:

AUTO RACING - VIDEO: Allan McNish's Massive Le Mans Accident

AUTO RACING - VIDEO: Mike Rockenfeller's Massive Le Mans Accident

Helluva Canadian GP and MotoGP in the wet was cool as well. It was an incredible weekend for motor-racing!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lemans had a nasty couple of crashes this year. Those photogs were very very lucky.

Oh maybe some French girl that used to hang around here is going. Anyone heard from Sprocket Girl lately?? Wonder if she is going to get to go.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,507 Posts
She's gone dark and off the reservation. Word on the street is she's not going back to France and is at this very moment hiding in an undisclosed location trying to get a cell signal so she can get her TwoSpokes fix.

I didn't get to see any of the 24 Hours. I don't have cable or satellite.

I would actually love to go to France for any reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts