Anyone have a basket on their bike?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Naturegirl, May 8, 2009.

1. Naturegirl

Naturegirl New Member

I have an attachment for a carry-on basket on my bike. Anyone else have something like this? Mine is probably only big enough for one grocery bag, but is pretty helpful. It isn't something I would bring on the trail, though. My boyfriend insists it's the nerdy-est thing he's ever seen :p

2. littleblackxj

littleblackxj New Member

Nope, I definitely don't have a basket on my bike. I would rather wear a backpack ;)

3. BigDumbBear

BigDumbBear New Member

Like most guys, I do prefer the back-pack over the basket for many reasons. But, I have used a rear rack on my road bike that clamped on the seatpost. I will say that was incredible helpful for taking my lunch to work, retrieving car parts, and carrying tasty beverages to a party. lol.

Tell your guy he is lucky to have a girl that even tolerates bike riding, not to mention the fact you actually ride. Tell him to shut up or you'll put a basket on his bike too. lol. Make sure it's a pink one.

4. Angelica

Angelica Guest

Haha I have a pretty pink basket on my bike!

5. zahgurim

zahgurim zero the hero

One grocery bag is the size of how many beers? 12?

If your boyfriend thinks carrying 12 beers is nerdy, you need to change boyfriends. :)

6. xjken99

xjken99 New Member

I do not have any kind of basket on mine but, the wife did buy one online to carry our small dog in on some bike paths. The dog seems to enjoy it, oh to top it off it's pink.

7. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

On my city bike I have two foldout baskets on the rear, a cool pack thingy 5x12x10 inches on top of the rear wheel rack, a tool bag under the seat and a soft handlebar bag on the front.
    Just have racks all over my touring bike with panniers for front sides, top front wheel, rear sides and top of rear wheel and a little frame pack and a tool bag under the seat. with three water bottle cages