Anyone have mad writing skills and a strong knowledge of the bike industry?

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Industry_Hack, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

BikeTrailerShop.com is looking for an internet marketing person. Yeah, I would be perfect for the job, but I already have a full time job, and it seems like I'm doing this kind of work for free for everyone else. Why would I want to get paid for it? Seriously though, you can see the job posting here.

Here's a bit about them, and the job:

We are currently seeking a highly motivated, self-starting individual to join our team and work on, manage and develop a variety of tasks and projects involving our internet marketing strategies and our blog and webstore content. Our business is focused on marketing bicycling products through our webstores. Strong writing skills and an advanced background in bicycling are requirements for the position.

Looks like a great opportunity for someone likes to write, and has a passion for bikes.

2. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

I'd do it, Hack, but I think most of what gets promoted for bike equipment is crap. Can't you see my add copy:

"New from X-S Cycling Gear, the latest pulsating pile of poo direct from our factory in Outer Mongolia to you. The Wondrous Wizard. That's right folks, a light-weight bike computer that fits inside the seat post of your favorite ride. Want to follow the web while sweating up that hill? Now you've got it. E-mails piling up at work? No problem, whip them off while descending at 50mph. Bullhorn keyboard and compact screen that fairly disappears among the shifter and brake cables. The Wondrous Wizard, a sight to behold, and if you should buy it, I'll be rolling in gold."

3. Industry_Hack

The rules are simple for what I used to do - a word count of at least 200 with no repetition, you cannot copy anything the manufacturer writes, and it needs to have as many keywords as possible. Try knocking out a couple hundred of these each month. This is one of my earlier ones:

Specialized Vita Sport 2009

The Specialized D4W (Designs for Women) range are bikes designed specifically for women. By addressing the difference in torso and leg length between men and women, Specialized is able to offer more comfort and performance to female cyclists. And they don’t skimp on the rest of the bike either. The 2009 Specialized Vita Sport is a fine example. It starts with a lightweight A1 Premium alloy frame and matching alloy fork. Add to this a reliable Shimano 8 speed drivetrain, powerful linear pull brakes, a Specialized Body Geometry Women’s Sonoma saddle, and BG Comfort II grips, and not only do you have a performance bike, but one that ensures comfort at the two contact points between bike and rider. The rest of the components are mostly a mix of Specialized’s own highly-rated house brand, including Specialized All Condition Sport 700x28C rubber, with Flak jacket for extra flat protection. Other nice touches are the rack mounts on the fork and frame, making it easy to add cargo capacity for commuting, shopping, or light touring.

Available in five sizes, (XS,S,M,L,XL) the 2009 Vita Sport by Specialized offers comfort and performance in an attractive package.

4. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

If I had to write that tripe all day long I'd take the gas pipe. (no offence)

5. Industry_Hack

It was the $50/hr that made it tolerable.