Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone heard of Rampar bikes?

*My bad! It's Rampar, not Raptar. Sorry about that!

Does anyone know anything about Rampar brand bikes? I just checked out a bike with that make, but I’m a little uneasy about buying it. Since I’ve trade finding out information on it and can’t find a thing. Whatever anyone could tell me about the make would be great!

Here’s more information if it helps: It has what I think is called a double top tub. The top bar of the bike is actually two bars side by side, and it’s drop down. I was told there’s the two bars because it was considered unisex that way in the 70’s. It also has down tube shifters.

About the bike in particular, it’s in good condition the bike shop refurbishes the used bikes before selling. It’s priced at 225. I asked them about the make of the bike, but I was just told it was from the 70’s. I plan on asking more questions about it from them, but I would love to get more insight.

Sorry if this is a bit confusing, I’m a novice when it comes to bikes and just learning technical lingo. Thanks!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've never heard of them. I was doing a Google search to see what might come up, and I wasn't sure if it was spelled Raptar or Raptor. Is Raptar the brand name or the model name?

If anyone's heard of them on this board, it'd most likely be Industry Hack.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's actually Rampar, not raptar. Sorry about that thanks for looking! My friend who'd been with me when I checked out the bike let me know I got it wrong when I brought it up a couple days ago. My searches have pretty much told me that Rampar is actually under Raleigh, it was a more economical line or something along those lines. Still trying to find out more info though! I checked out the bike again, and although it's a bit heavier then I wanted, I do really like it. I'll probably get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts