Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone...anyone? Am I all alone in the NE Houston area?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm in Katy- slowish and long distance road rider.

hippiebikerchick

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Howdy. Glad someone responded. I was getting lonely out here. I actually work in Katy off if I10 and hwy 6.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,835 Posts
I'm in far westside of Htown, near Fulshear. G Bush park to 8 is my road ride(out of traffic) & Ant Hills is closest offroad trail. Got a buddy out in Huffman so NE side rides from his house are country roads between Huffman and Crosby, Lake Houston State Park or Double Lake Recreation area for trails. Also go across Lake Houston around to a park in Kingwood for mixed ride from his house. Have a sister in Woodlands so Flintridge is trail ride out there. Used to live in Clear Lake area so Jack Brooks in Hitchcock was home trail and loops around the lake were local road ride. Cannot stand to see treeless Memorial Park but that is closest road ride on picnic loop or trails to my worksite. Then there's Cypresswood, downtown, Galvez, Warda, Smithville, Huntsville & everything in Austin area that are most of where I ride.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,835 Posts
Will be riding Flintridge Saturday around lunch time if anyone cares to meet up. My sister's boyfriend works for GHORBA doing trailwork and he maintains the trail out there. It's about 8 miles of trail - 5 back and forth to the house. Google Flintridge Dr. @ Gosling Rd. Trailhead parking lot is west of Gosling on Flintridge. I think there is signage that says fitness loop or something like that. If coming from Gosling west on Flintridge parking lot is on left about 1/2 mile.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,835 Posts
Hi there. I'm located at 8 & i10. I just got my first mnt bike and want to take her out. Any recommendations for a beginner with a 29er?
Welcome aboard from Fulshear area.......Closest place to you for beginner trails would be Memorial Park behind the baseball fields. Take Woodway east towards downtown and veer off to right after going under railroad tracks. Or the same distance in opposite direction would be Terry Hershey Park off Memorial just west of Eldridge. This is out and back 5 mile trail along the bayou on south side running from Eldridge to Wilcrest. It is more advanced than Memorial Park but nothing to be scared of, just more elevation change and a bit more technical which = more fun, less people and more shade. 3 levels of trail so it can be mixed up fo differing rides back and forth. Here are a coupla videos of mine from Terry Hershey aka Anthills........

[ame]http://youtu.be/J5ITihMfl_g[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/xtyKKYvMJfs[/ame]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts