Anyone Like Carl Sagan?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by funetical, Nov 11, 2009.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

2. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Don't know much about Sagan but Hawking, now there is a man who knows what he's talking about, love his books.

3. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I'm actually reading A Brief History of Time right now. Amazing book, first time to read it.

4. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Yes, thats the one i'm talking about, brilliant, the man is a genius...

5. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

There both Geniuses. Carl Sagan was one of the first scholars in recent history to sit down and make real science fun and accessible.

6. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Cool link. I was impressed with the compilation to make the song. Some impressive work there.

7. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Sagan was brilliant at making science easy to understand for everybody....Hawking is just INCREDIBLY brilliant!!!!! BIG fan of both, watched all cosmos episodes multiple times... Lost my dad to ALS, the same condition Hawking's has...(Lou Gehrig's disease)

DrB

8. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Sorry to hear that mtndoc. Both these minds are responsible for making science in the grander scene accessible. Brian Green, Einstein, Bill Nye (to a lesser extent) Beakmen(through an even lesser extent) are revealers to the reality reality once clouded by ignorance and oppression.

9. Cyclomatic

Cyclomatic Guest

I loved Beakmans World Growing up! He had that rat friend. Good Stuff. Cool Video.

10. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

What about Asimov? Any body hear like Asimov?