Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone owns one or has tried one. They look quite interesting, but it seems like on their forum, that some have problems with their kayaks. I have had a Wilderness Systems tandem kayak for five years without any issues.

And to boot, their kayaks are wicked heavy! The pedaling idea is pretty cool, nice to be hands free if you want, but I do enjoy paddling.

Lisa :)

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Curious if anyone owns one or has tried one. They look quite interesting, but it seems like on their forum, that some have problems with their kayaks. I have had a Wilderness Systems tandem kayak for five years without any issues.

And to boot, their kayaks are wicked heavy! The pedaling idea is pretty cool, nice to be hands free if you want, but I do enjoy paddling.

Can't sat as I have. I think I'll stick to pedals on my bikes and paddles in the water though.:)

·
Completely Human
177 Posts
I have two Hobie Mirage Kayaks. They are my "water Bikes".
In fact, I do the majority of my touring on a Tandem adventure island in the 10,000 island chain in south Florida.
They are a blast to float, sail and pedal... I hardly even use the paddles anymore... lol!

If you can get your hands on one, do it! They are more fun any one person can have in the water with their pants on!

·
Completely Human
177 Posts

Funny thing about the whole "heavy" issue.
My Adventure Island single is heavy, and LONG, and a narrow beam.
But yet I have not come accross a "Paddler" who can even come close to beating me accross the water, much less keep up with me.
Best part is, I can out fish anyone on a wilderness paddler ANY DAY! And do every time I go out! (Hands free kayaking) and the Hobie is rated to carry more weight than a comparable wilderness.
Don't get me wrong, my first yak was a Tarpon 16 and it was awesome. BUT when I got a Hobie everything got better... not worse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts