Two Spoke Forums banner

Anyone Row

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  i12ride 
#1 ·
Anyone doing indoor rowing? And what’s you favorite source for workouts?

#2 ·
I do a lot of it but at Orangetheory classes it’s an awesome workout. Very complimentary for cycling. We use a water rower but I’ve done the O2 ones too. Just like cycling workouts. Kind of set it up to be power or longer endurance efforts etc. we usually do a lot of interval workouts. They tell us you base in watts should be your weight. You go at least 25-50 over on harder efforts and then recover. Anyways. Lots of free workouts on the web.

#5 ·
The concept 2 is the gold standard. I generally get into things at mid level untilI see if I like it or not. I’ll get the concept 2 next year. It’s the best exercise I’ve found. Uses 86% of muscles and burns calories like firewood.

#7 ·
I like paddling a lot more than rowing. The fishing isn’t so good in my home office anyhow. I have managed a few week long backcountry solo canoe trips in Canada and Minnesota the pst few years.
Cloud Water Sky Azure Natural landscape

#8 ·
I do once in awhile but on an el cheapo fan rowing machine - it has an instrument panel but it became obvious the first time I used it that the distance was wrong and I just use my Garmin watch's rowing app, and I just watch tv in our exercise room rather than do any actual structured workouts so I can't be of any help.

It's sure a great exercise to add to your Winter routine for all-around fitness and for variety.

#9 ·
I’m finding the rowing and cycling share a lot of the same lower back muscles. Whatever it is that’s right over the hipbones in the back. I like Darkhorse Rowing’s videos because he takes you through the workout in real time.

#11 ·
The water rower I got has shit for electronics which seems to be the big divide for rowers. The Concept 2 synchs via wifi and all kinds of stuff. Mine has a little guy in a boat that moves when I row. It’s like comparing a flip book animation to Pixar. LOL!

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas
#12 ·
That's exactly my thoughts - the electronics on my cheapo one are terrible, except for the number of strokes it counts which seems to agree with my Garmin watch.

I use a little spreadsheet I have made that compares the number of strokes I have done outside on average in a kayak with number of strokes I do on the rowing machine and gives me a rough estimate of distance. Probably not very accurate but better than nothing as the watch can't calculate distance while rowing.

#14 ·
Outdoor only for me......................

Water Boat Sky Cloud Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Oh, and if I care about stats and such I use the trail making software on my fon stashed in a ziploc in my camelbak that goes in the kayak too.

Reactions: fpl1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.