Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
i prefer by my self.
i do the mileage i want in the time i think i can do it.
then i,m done.
i tried taking a nieghber( newbe) last summer out on our local bikeways. they won't listen to what i had told them.
they wanted to ride beyond they limits. had poor equipment.
i think it wasn't safe to take this person again.
i do have experience doing 35 plus miles rides,so when someone doesn't take advise then to me it it's a safe ride.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Since 99% of my riding is commuter, I'll stick with solo. Actually, I don't like riding around other cyclists - they break my rhythm and it always becomes an additional factor to concern myself with.

I remember once, riding home, that I looked back and found a guy doing that drafting stuff right off my back wheel. I didn't know he was there. Gestured myself over to the curb and let him go by. Do your racing stunts with someone else.

And really, I like cycles but not necessarily cyclists. I'm 54, and I don't have a whole lot in common with them.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I havent found anyone slow enough to ride with. Ben come down to the swamp and he waites for me to catch up :D

·
Registered
461 Posts
I ride 100% of the time on my own and I like it.
that way i go where i want, when i want!

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
I like the best of both worlds, but usually I'm by myself, and depending on the riding I prefer it that way. I'll do the small group thing with some friends everynow and then, but i'll do that on mainly bike path areas. I'm usually the most experienced (does that just mean oldest) in my group. and therefore most of the time I'm making 90 percent of the decisions. So I don't like to "lead" anyone into any situations they may not be able to handle, i.e. city riding with traffic. I prefer to do that solo......

·
Registered
83 Posts
Almost always by myself. Used to ride MTB with a guy, but I don't think we'll be riding together anymore. Rode last week with my dad, which I enjoyed.

·
600 Posts
Always by myself. It is a great stress reliever for me. No company, no distractions, no ipod, nothing...well, I do have the cell phone along for the ride. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just like to ride. Groups, solo, it doesn't matter. That goes for all types of riding-commuting, training, or cruising.

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Done groups, but mostly I ride alone. Freedom and only responsible for your own actions.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I mostly ride alone, but there are pluses and minuses for alone and with groups, so I'm a little torn to pick a preference. Alone is solitude, riding on your schedule at your own pace, but groups really help the miles go faster, and sometimes push you out of your comfort zone. I'm not a big fan of humble pie, but we all need some from time-to-time.

·
1,393 Posts
I ride in a peleton - it is a small one - my wife and I only - she is ALWAYS drafting - but I always win - she are perfectly matched in every way AND cycling - when I am going all out she keeps up mostly and struggles occasionally but likes the struggle - when we were in Fla I drafted her - it does make a difference - I never ride solo - only TEAM ELDER - I should get a tandem - already did that post

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ride with my kiddos 99% of the time. When I'm alone, I find myself yelling out our silly sayings and singing and it's just not as fun by myself. Right now, my 3.5 year old and I like to give "5" to the low hanging leaves. Although, I have to admit that it's pretty nice when they both fall asleep during the ride :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts