Arm Warmers....and other good winter riding equipment!!!!

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by whyeyebike, Oct 8, 2009.

1. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

I am looking for feedback from the TS world on winter riding equipment. I just recently got a pair of Pearl Izumi Cyclone shoe covers, which so far have been a joy since I have shoes that have a lot of venting, which allows the cold New England air to freeze my feet. My next purchase will most likely be a pair of arm warmers. My arms seem to be the part of my body I am having issue with now. Currently I have an UnderArmor baselayer top for cold weather, but I think it might be too warm when I am 5 to 10 miles into a ride. I like the idea of being sleeveless instantly when I start to warm up, then have the sleeves when I take a break and my body gets cold again. The problem I have is that it really hasn’t started to get cold yet; so I fear I may purchase something that works now, but may not work in December, January and February. And I can’t stand the idea of riding the trainer all winter, so I have to get out. I am also looking at winter gloves/mitts and head/face wraps. Its going to be a hardcore winter!!!!!

Any suggestions, links and reviews would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks,

2. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

When it gets really cold, I wear a Gore windstopper jersey. The sleeves zip off which is nice. It has a single zipable pocket in back. In most cases, that's all I have to wear. I also have an assortment of wool jerseys for the Fall.

For the feet, I wear Lake winter shoes. The next pair I get will be a size bigger so I can wear thick wool socks.

I've never tried arm warmers. Since I have a jersey with removable sleeves, I haven't needed them

3. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Hophead....what do you wear for gloves?????

I hear you about the shoes...I actually thought about that when I bought my shoes and got them a size larger, however, I didn't take into consideration the amount of venting.

4. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

When it gets really cold, I wear ski gloves. The rest of the time Fox dirt paws.

5. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Thats what I planned to do this winter. I have a good pair of gloves I used to use snowboarding that I think would work great on the bike.