Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fuji Hero
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have an old Fuji bike, I'm wondering if anyone would know what I might be able to get if I sold it?

It's a 1982 "Fuji Professional" with suntour "superb" componetry (which at the time was considered lighter and better machined than Shimino if you can believe that).

Anyway, here are some pictures:

Also, any ideas where to go, besides e-bay? Are there any swap meets, or specialized brokers? thanks.

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
Beautiful bike. No idea what the value of it might be though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
vintage Fuji Pro

That was the top of the line bike for Fuji back in the day. From what I remember, I believe that it sold for about $400. then. The equivelent bike today is about $3000:thumbsup::)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just after posting my last note, I did see the following on-line catalog from 1982, which confirms my suspicion of the year. I remember this because I had "Newest" stolen from me and I bought the Professional just before I graduation from College (so I guess I'm dating myself!)
At $1200 a pop, you had a lot of money for a college kid. I was lucky to scrounge enough for a pizza and a 6-pack when I was in school. If I didn't have enough for both, it was just the beer and another night of Raman noodles. ;)

·
Fuji Hero
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
don't worry, I saved and scrimped for that thing, and while that was the retail cost, it was at a ski & bike shop I worked at, so I did get it for cost... But you know? When something is important enough, you find a way. :p

·
Fuji Hero
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks, without really trying yet, I just received an offer for $450, so it's probably going to do all right. I appreciate it though. I'll just have to get a little more detailed in some future pictures. (for a few seconds though, you had me going there Doohickie. You wouldn't happen to be related to a "Fritzmar" would you? [I learned that one from some line workers in Baltimore where GM made the "Astro-Safari" mini-van back in late '80s early '90s. No wonder the company went bankrupt!])

·
Registered
31 Posts
RE: Fuji

You can sign up to the classic Rendezvous site and then post it there. I am sure that there is somebody on that eclectic list that would like to add it to there stable.

Cheers,

Peter
Chilly and 27 degrees in Chapel Hill, NC

1 - 16 of 16 Posts