Attorney General Charges Dropped Over Cyclist Death

Discussion in 'Activism / Safety' started by TxCyclist, May 26, 2010.

1. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

2. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Well with the new evidence I'd say the cyclists was in the wrong.

3. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

I find it a little 'funny' that the multiple eyewitnesses interviewed at the scene said one thing about the vehicle's speed, yet there was suddenly definitive evidence to the contrary, as determined by forensic study of security video.

I WON'T say that the previous behavior of Mr. Sheppard didn't happen; it IS consistent with someone who's drunk (referring to the vehicular harassment, throwing things in the street). I DO question the use of Sheppard's encounter with his ex as a mitigating factor for Bryant, as the police were at the scene, yet did not find him incapacitated to the point of needing 'intervention' by way of arrest/detention.

Overall, I still think Bryant got away with illegal conduct that cost a life.

4. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I wouldn't say he got away with it. I think having to live with the fact you ended another persons life is pretty harsh. Not as harsh as prison time, but they both played the damn fool, one just payed with his life.

5. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

Somehow, I'm picturing this conversation in the locker room 'at the club':

Friend: "So, how are you doing these days, Mike?"
    Bryant: "Ah...okay, I guess."
    F: "Look, Mike, that guy was a drunken loser; you need to put it behind you, he got what he had coming to him."

Sooner or later, he will hear that often enough to actually believe it. Besides, being an attorney and politician, his conscience is lot more likely to be for sale, anyway....

Who...me...? Cynical? NAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!