Austin Riders

Discussion in 'Texas Bike Forum' started by TxCyclist, Jun 11, 2009.

1. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

What are some of your favorite trails in the Metro area?

2. Xterrain

Xterrain New Member

Barton Creek Greenbelt; its like a highway to some pretty gnar stuff hidden in the area! Also like Walnut Creek for a cardio on my FR hardtail, but if its hot and I'm on my fully...I stick to BCGB.

3. TSage

TSage New Member

I ride at walnut creeks pump track almost every day. It is a fun spot with laid back people

4. TxCyclist

Is that a private or public track?

5. mike_g

mike_g Guest

I hear Austin has a nice amount of cyclist all around the area.

6. Xterrain

Xterrain New Member

Tons! LOL. Even our governor just broke his collar bone out at Barton Creek Greenbelt! Everyone rides Austin cause it rocks!

Dean, Walnut Creek is a public park with tons of trails and is open year round; just refrain from riding on really wet days to keep erosion to a minimal.

7. Conway.T

Conway.T Guest

That's awesome.....well, not that the gov broke his collar bone but that he is a cyclist as well. Does he just road cycle or Mountain, BMX? How did he break his collar bone, did he take a fall?

8. Little known fact about TX governors and bikes: The governor before Perry was into bike riding before he took up running. He quit biking b/c he just couldn't do it without the training wheels.

9. TxCyclist

Bush got hurt real bad too IIRC during his second term. Couldn't keep up with Lance I guess.

10. tydale

tydale Guest

"He quit biking b/c he just couldn't do it without the training wheels"........was that Bush?

11. I think. It depends... Do you have a job where your job title begins "Secret Service Agent..."?

12. TxCyclist

Yea so we are going to need your home and work address for a prize you won.

13. In that case... ummm... I was speaking of FDR... Yeah, that's it.

14. Xterrain

Xterrain New Member

He was mountain biking. I think he does mountain and road; but yeah he fell, but no one knows where exactly it was at. It was on the Barton Creek Greenbelt somewhere.

15. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

Ride long enough, or fast enough, or in rough enough terrain, sooner or later almost everyone is going to go down for one reason or another.

16. TxCyclist

Mark in you in Centex?