"Autobike" parts and service

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Digger, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Digger

Digger New Member

I have an "Autobike" which is about five or six years old. For those of you who aren't familiar with the product its a bicycle that shifts automatically through the use of counterweights and centrifugal force and a six cog cassette. It works very good and has service me well. My problem is the free wheel on front sprocket has too much play and has to be adjusted or replaced. If anybody has any knowledge of these bikes or any idea as to where to get parts I would appreciate knowing. Thanx.

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

3. thom

thom New Member

I have a pair of Autobikes. I have never checked on spare parts though. Both of the ones I have, actually mine and my wife's work well. I do think that the two highest gears were a waste of material because I can't imagine riding fast enough to use them.

4. cdilljr

cdilljr New Member

I picked one up on Craigslist. I like it, but the previous owner did something to badly bend the rear wheel. So badly that the bike shops say they can't straighten it. As you might guess, the spoke configuration is special on these so I need to try to find another rear wheel. Thoughts anyone?

5. skycomag

skycomag Active Member

could landrider be helpful ?

this company make auto shift bikes. might be able to get some assistance from them.

"What if something goes wrong with my LandRider?
    Simply call 1-800-945-5335 and ask for a Technical Service Representative. If we can’t help you via telephone or e-mail, we’ll gladly refer you to one of the bicycle shops in our nationwide network near you for personalized assistance! "

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  6. thubley

thubley New Member

Digger, was you ever able to get parts, i have the same problem but my sprocket is completely "free wheeling"

7. i12ride

i12ride Spin Spin Spin Tavern Member

Thread revival of the month award................:D

I did an 8 yr old one awhile back................

8. rushlake

rushlake Member

Would have been nice if he would have posted a photo. GT made their Autostream self shifting bike around that time and even a few years earlier. I was in a old guys bike shop, he went over the donated bike for St. Vinnies, and he had one in there. He said the rear derailleur was confusing him on how to adjust it. He did realize it was an auto shifting set up.
    https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/searchlistingdetail.aspx?id=46454