Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me lazy if you must, but I did a quick search and did not find anything on the subject.

Now that autumn is coming (in Minnesota) I am curious if there are any suggestions on clothing for the coming season? I wear North Face Flight Series shirts and Dickies shorts in the summer, just to give you an idea of my clothing preference. Any ideas? Winter riding will be a totally different story.

Thanks.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I go out and get the paper to test the air, then I dress. I like to be a little cold when I start, I get warm in the first 5 miles

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dress in layers, and the last thing you put on will be the first thing you take off. For this reason, I suggest a jersey somewhere in the mix so you have pockets to stuff a light jacket, gloves, headband/ear covers/beanie, etc, into once you take them off if you get too hot.
A good base layer is a must, in something like merino wool so it wicks the moisture off your body and evaporates it out. A lightweight outer layer that is breathable to allow the sweat to escape.
During the summer, you can get away with pretty much any sort of outdoor, moisture wicking attire - but for the colder months, cycling specific attire has some advantages in that it's longer in the back and sleeves to provide coverage from the elements in the areas you need it without being to bulky.
Just my two cents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts