Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by funetical, Mar 9, 2011.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I feel a weird pull with this, I love the cartoon, hands down on e of the best series ever. I mean that.

Now what Shamalaongamoron did with it he should be shot for. Worst movie ever.

I don't know if they have plans to produce the other books, but man I hope not.

2. JTGYK

JTGYK New Member

I think there was enough mass retching that they should abandon all hope of doing the other books. I wish I could un-watch this dog.

I've actually likes some of the Shamalan stuff and the photography was really good.
    Acting, direction, and screen play were grade school level.

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Me too, I put it off and put it off then I was home one day it was on demand, I was all "Now or never!". I should have gone on a walk.

I don't mind his cinematography, he has more talent in that aspect than a lot of directors, but you cant make diamonds from dog expletive. With the exception of the 6th sense and Lady in the Water, which I felt poorly conveyed to his medium, would have been a great short story, that's exactly what his writing was, dog expletive.

Why did all the characters have their names mispronounced? If you establish something in the canonical work, it should be maintined, otherwise fan boys like myself are going to get angry.

Like if they changed Luke's name to Luck. Morons....

4. JTGYK

JTGYK New Member

"Fan boy", hahahahaha

My wife gave me the entire series for Christmas presents over the years.
    (Of course, she loves the series almost as much as I do)

5. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

My Kid loves it and the wife hates it.

At least the two of us have something to watch.

Whose your favorite character?

I like Iroh.

6. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

I am watching the series now. On season 3.
    It is available on Netflix as a stream All 3 seasons are there.

7. JTGYK

JTGYK New Member

I have to agree...I really like Iroh, trying to convince his nephew that restoring balance is the best way.

8. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

The last book is so awesome it's ridiculous.

I also like the act he puts on as the nice guy, but then you learn the true power of the Dragon of the West.

That and the Lu Ten issue.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFASos1G-5U]YouTube - The Tale Of Iroh - Leaves From The Vine[/ame]

I tear up when I see this. I know.. still, couldn't imagine losing a child.