Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
Depends on my mood really. Usually most rides go from 10 to 20 miles or so round trip for me usually about the 10 to 15mph range

·
Two skinny J's
21,427 Posts
When I ride before work it's goes something like this:

I'm going to try and get 50 in before the rain tomorrow.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been riding again for about a month now. 35-40 miles when I have time. Doing 10-15 when time is limited. Average speed went up from last year. Us to average around 15-16 mph. My last 10 rides I have been averaging 17-18 mph. Hope to get to 20 mph average. I also want to do my first century this year.

·
Two skinny J's
21,427 Posts
I have been riding again for about a month now. 35-40 miles when I have time. Doing 10-15 when time is limited. Average speed went up from last year. Us to average around 15-16 mph. My last 10 rides I have been averaging 17-18 mph. Hope to get to 20 mph average. I also want to do my first century this year.
20 has been an elusive avg for me to catch. The thing ( like I really need to say it, but...) about averages like that is that you have to stay well above it most of the time to hit :)

I get close sometimes but can't seem to tip the scales!

Attachments

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
My average ride 15 miles and my average speed 10-mph. I was going farther last year, I think old age is holding me back. I still do a 35 once in a wile and maybe a 40 but the speed is not there 40 miles takes me about 4-hr.. For 67 and 1/2 years old, I am glade I can do that.

·
Registered
144 Posts
depending on terrian and wind, i avg. from 9-14 mph on a 12-24 mile trip.
my avg is baesd on 3 trips last week but, season is still young.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I make my 9 mile commute in about 30-35 minutes, including stoplights.

My top-end speed (on a loaded commuter) is 16mph, which I clock off the speed-reduction radar sign in the community I pass through.

Very scientific...

·
Registered
313 Posts
I average somewhere between 20 - 30 miles this past week was more like 30 - 40 miles per day, with an average speed in the mid to high teens low 20's. With peeks in the high 20's low 30's MPH.

·
Grenouille
161 Posts
Been doing 20-25 so far this season, wanna push it up to low/mid 30's. Average has been about 14 1/2 mi/hr, wanna get that over 15. (Get a "5" in the average speed for a guy with a 5 in his age).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Average speed is about 8 or 9 mph and distance can vary anywhere from 10 to 20 miles depending on conditions. Looking to get to 25 miles (or more) this weekend.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Just finished my longest ride in 30 years ~ 9.6 miles :p on my sisters hybrid. It was my fifth outing of the season. I wanted to break 10 miles but the wind was too much. Average speed was not a factor. I like to look around too and maybe snap a pic or two. Each ride is a little longer with faster recovery after. I could hardly walk after the first ride. I'm in Wild's age bracket @ 66 coming off 2 years of minimal physical activity & quadruple bypass.
I hope to speed up enough to get in a group.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Andy2302 said:
Just finished my longest ride in 30 years ~ 9.6 miles :p on my sisters hybrid. It was my fifth outing of the season. I wanted to break 10 miles but the wind was too much. Average speed was not a factor. I like to look around too and maybe snap a pic or two. Each ride is a little longer with faster recovery after. I could hardly walk after the first ride. I'm in Wild's age bracket @ 66 coming off 2 years of minimal physical activity & quadruple bypass.
I hope to speed up enough to get in a group.
That is awesome Andy. I hope you keep at it! :)

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
When I first started I would only go 2 miles and the wife would go 10 miles, little by little my rides increased then 10 miles came and went. One day I started rideing and it felt real good so I went to Sea Ile City, 33 miles from home. I called the wife and asked her to bring the bike rack, she said I can't get it down. So I thaught 65 miles would be nice for my 65th year. On the bike and head for home 3 miles from home I had a blow out and could not fix it I was too tired. I stuck out my thumb at the first pickup that went buy, he stoped I loaded the bike in the back and he droped me off at my house. I did not get the 65 miles but I got 62 miles so I felt good the next day. I could have killed my self on that ride I did every thing wrong, not enoug watter no food and it was a realy hot day and no one was with me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts