Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After not riding a bike for more years than I can remember, I'm going to start again. My Volkscycle has been stored for probably 15-20 years. I changed the tires/tubes last night. I started to change all the cables myself today, but I instead chose to take it to the local shop. for about $50 buck + parts they will tune the bike, grease, clean, and true the spoke wheels.

I think that's a pretty good deal.

So look out for me now:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went for a nice ride Wednsday. Just a few miles to help ease back in. Today, back tire so flat it's off the wheel:mad:

Oh well, I'll have to fix it later, heading out of town for a few days

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well...looks like I'm the reason for the flat. I brought the bike in and the shop owner said it looked like improper installation. I asked him to fix it and also break down the front tire and make sure i didn't mess that one up also.
I've never changed these little tires before. Guess it's a little harder than the big fat tires I'm used to.

·
Ridin Dirty
160 Posts
Watch and learn.....thats how I roll too!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Its not a matter of IF you have to change a tire someday, but a matter of when you have to change a tire. My luck usually has me side of the road with no cell service after dark with no flash light.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't have time. I dropped it off because I was getting ready to leave for vacation. Next time I'll pay more attention when I do it.
Actually I'm still on vacation....bye:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts